Right Handed
Ball weight: 14
Rev Rate: 378
Ball Speed: 18.2
Axis Tilt: 6.67
Axis Rotation: 45*
PAP: 4 1/2 horizontal, 1 5/8 up
Layout: 45 x 3 x 55 (hole P2)

I decided to drill the Fusion to be one of my benchmark balls. I want to be able to carry this ball pretty much anywhere and find a look, or at least give me a good read of the lanes. The drilling listed uses my benchmark ratio of 1:1.25, using a 100* sum.

First game out of the box on our THS was 289, with a terrible 11th ball. I was able to play the track with leak and tug. I had plenty of room and if the ball was around the hole, it mixed the pins great. For me, the roll is quite similar to the Tour Pearl, but just a bit earlier. The ball has a nice shape down lane, it isn’t too sharp and doesn’t rev up too soon. Just a nice smooth curve. If it encounters friction, it wants to move, but it’s not erratic.

There is a reason everyone seems to like this ball. The roll is predictable and it carries quite well. I can play up the boards if there is oil in the track, or I can swing it when something like the Hyper Cell or Zero Gravity has eaten up the shot. It recovers really well down lane when stronger equipment burns up.

Because most THS tend to have dry boards right and a taper at the end of the pattern, this may be the perfect ball for a benchmark. With the games I have rolled, I am overly impressed, even more so than I was with the Pearl Tour.

I’m not sure there’s any company that has a hybrid cover as good as the R2S hybrid. The cover/core matchup on this ball rivals the HyRoad. I try not to put a blanket statement on my reviews, but this is a must have. This ball is going to be good on a variety of conditions and should be a welcomed addition to most, if not all, arsenals.