Right Handed
Ball weight: 14
Rev Rate: 378
Ball Speed: 18.2
Axis Tilt: 6.67
Axis Rotation: 45*
PAP: 4 1/2 horizontal, 1 5/8 up
Layout: 60 x 6 x 80

This isn’t going to be a traditional review. This ball was drilled for burned and beat up conditions, specifically sport patterns where something like a fall-back shot is required. I got this ball and have plenty of balls that cover boards in a variety of shapes, but I’ve been lacking something for burn. Since this is where I get demolished in tournaments, it was time to figure something out.

This Asylum is drilled to flare about ½” and just roll. The only reading it does is due to surface. I haven’t altered the surface yet, but that may be coming soon. When the lanes are really eat up and everything is hooking tons, this one will roll relatively straight and go exactly where you roll it.

Mind you this is because of the layout and not the core/cover. I’ve seen plenty of guys use this one with much success covering boards, so the ball isn’t weak and it will do whatever you need from it. My layout is a good example of this. A ball that seems to be as aggressive as the Asylum was really tamed down, and seemingly weak, but one thing that wasn’t lost is the hitting power. Even though it has no flare and just rolls, when it gets to the pocket, it hits like it just angled off of the pattern.

In the next couple of weeks, I’m going to be testing this one out on some sport patterns that should get burned up pretty bad. I’ll post an update when I have a bit more information.