Right Handed
Ball weight: 14
Rev Rate: 378
Ball Speed: 18.2
Axis Tilt: 6.67
Axis Rotation: 45*
PAP: 4 1/2 horizontal, 1 5/8 up
Layout: 58 x 4 ½ x 58

Since this ball was supposed to be so strong, I wanted something that I could use in league and try to promote to the bowlers in my center. I decided to drill the Hyper Cell for a THS.

I first rolled it on the USBC Masters pattern. For a really flat pattern, the Hyper Cell allowed me to cover a lot of boards and recovered exceptionally well. I would normally play as straight as possible on something flat with any length, but this ball immediately opened up the lane and allowed me to swing it as you would expect on a house shot. I rolled about 10-15 shots with success, but I’m pretty sure that the shot would break down really fast, thus, I’m not sure that I will be using this ball on anything that flat.

My first use of this one in league was pretty impressive. With drilling so many pieces for tournament patterns, I tend to cover fewer boards with my tournament equipment. The Hyper Cell wants to cover boards and I was more than willing the allow it. Our THS has a significant puddle in the middle, so I tend to start just inside the track, covering as many boards as the ball will allow. This ball has no issue with that. I had to start roughly 5 boards left of where I normally begin and was able to get a couple of boards deeper at the arrows. It was quite smooth through the heads and recovered without compromising carry. I had leak right and pull left, so it gave me plenty of room at the arrows. If I tugged it into the puddle (a pretty bad pull), it would still make it to the pocket, but flat 10 every time. If I really leaked it (bouncing off of the gutter), it would encounter friction too soon and go high or through the nose.

As long as my execution was on par, the ball rolled exceptionally well. I cannot say enough about how strong this one rolls and how it recovers on an over-thrown shot. It carries as well as any ball in my arsenal. One negative would be that with the amount of flare and boards crossed, the shot gets beaten up pretty quickly causing me to migrate left. When this happens, sometimes I get over/under and have to ball down. It definitely doesn’t care for beat up patterns or burned up track area.

One exception to the above, I have found that bowling on the Kegel Ice lane conditioner, the ball will not eat up the shot nearly as bad as it does on the current AMF branded oil we use in my home center. I have had nights, on a 2nd shift, where I could use the Hyper Cell throughout the series. As advertised, the Ice just seems to hold up longer than other brands.

I really like this release and would suggest any bowler who liked the original Cell series, give the Hyper a try.