Storm IQ Fusion Ball Review

When I first heard the best ball company in the world was combining two of their great pieces into one, I couldn’t wait to order a couple of them and make some dust! I have been so impressed thus far with the IQ Fusion. There were times I thought the IQ Tour and IQ Tour Pearl were too sensitive to oil and friction. Finding a happy medium with surface and drilling with those two rocks presented challenges but I was still able to use them. So far, the IQ Fusion has been nothing but impressive.

The IQ Fusion provides that happy medium I was looking for where it’s a stronger, symmetrical motion. It’s a perfect compliment to a Zero Gravity, Hyper Cell, or Marvel-S. The one I drilled is approximately 5 ½ x 4 ½ with a hole under my axis. I took the shine off with a light 1000 pad by hand. That helped the reaction be less sensitive to friction and oil, creating a smoother, but clean and powerful shape. I’ve been able to use it on many different conditions, but mainly when the lanes start to transition and I need to create some angle and shape down lane.

In my opinion, this ball is stronger than most people think. Because of the pearl, its response time is quicker which will help both the lower rev players and rev dominant players. I’ve also had success putting weight holes in balls with lower differentials. Weight holes help the ball read the lane a bit more and thus creating a better reaction. This ball, quite possibly, could be the ball of the year. I’m excited to win some tournaments with this bad boy in my hands!

Go drill one!

#StormNation