Thread: Gone Bowlin' (a old stat program)

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Default Gone Bowlin' (a old stat program)

Here's old Bowling stat program called Gone Bowlin'
    It's a shareware but is fully functional, as far as I can see it still works.

I don't see a manual for it, so just go through the menus.

Once you setup a league, go to the league menu, then league setup to enter balls and lane cond. enter scores under the score menu.
    you can print a score sheet also

Here's the download link for the last version 6.1.3
    http://web.archive.org/web/200612091...ownload/gb.zip

and if needed the Microsoft files needed to run it (FILE: Msvbvm50.exe Installs Visual Basic 5.0 Run-Time Files)here:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/180071

Gone Bowlin' is the perfect statistician for league bowlers. This is not a league secretary, it's a personal bowling record keeper! Fun, informative, and affordable, Gone Bowlin' will help make you a better bowler whether you're a beginner or a pro.

Gone Bowlin' tracks your scoring down to the frame and includes printable scoresheets to make recording your frame scoring during league play easy.

Stats and graphs galore! Ever wonder what your strike or spare percentage was for an entire league? What about spanning multiple leagues? What type of strike do you throw most? Flush? High? Light? Brooklyn? Ever wonder what your open frame percentage was for all of last year? How many of these were splits? Washouts? How many times were you tapped? What about how much money was spent and earned during this league? Gone Bowlin' knows all of this, and a whole lot more!

With dozens of graphs and hundreds of stats, you will soon know your game inside and out.

The What If? Calculator will calculate what you need to bowl to raise your average by a certain number of pins in a certain number of weeks. It will also calculate a new average for you if you enter a score you'd like to shoot this week.

The What If? Calculator can help you set and reach your short-term league goals.

Easy to read, and printable graphs show data such as weekly series, running average, average by ball used, by lanes, by lane condition, by month, by opponent, scores within a range, and many more.

Gone Bowlin' even tracks the league awards you may have won!
    Last edited by bowl1820; 03-01-2014 at 09:19 PM.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

v6.x features:

optional game-by-frame scoring with stats and printed score sheet to take with you on league day.
    combine two or more leagues into one, great for tracking stats through multiple leagues.
    even more graphs and stats!
    opponent tracking with graphs.
    export your league to a spreadsheet or word processor.
    improved scores grid - searching, sorting, inserting, etc.
    custom date formats.
    will now optionally autoload last open league.
    when creating a new league, you can import settings from another one.
    added individual game notes.
    position round tracking.
    now tracks money spent and earned for each league.
    improved equipment tracking, 10 BALLS!
    more lane surface choices.
    added open dialog with up to 20 recently used leagues.
    added new League Manager with back-up, copy, delete.
    Gone Bowlin' achievement awards.
    new colorized scores grid shows more information, and colors for over/under average.
    added clean game statistics. (no open frames)
    game scores in all ranges shows how many games were bowled in each group of scores.
    added support for add-in modules to extend the capabilities of Gone Bowlin'.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Blog Entries
    Chats: 2643

Default Cool

I have one on my kindle that's great, but FRICKEN NEVER USE IT,,,, I get to into the game and BS, to deal with it!! LOL But does look like fun.
    I need to start using that app,,, its the same one Jason uses,,,, keeps lots of interesting stats... maybe this summer, I will start using it.

My wife just started using it a couple weeks ago. Was this a windows 98 program??

This is not a phone app???? Looks like a laptop program??
    Last edited by MICHAEL; 03-02-2014 at 07:12 AM.
    Don't walk on Thin Ice!