Thread: RotoGrip Uproar Ball Review - Ron Case (RotoGrip Staff)

Default RotoGrip Uproar Ball Review - Ron Case (RotoGrip Staff)

My Axis is 4 7/8 right, ¼ up, my speed is average and I would consider myself with higher revs but more up the back. So not a cranker but not really straight either.

Drilled this ball 50 x 5’ x 30 (5 ½” x 4 ½” x 2 ½”)

I’ve had success with this ball after the lanes get broken down because it goes long before it makes a sharp turn on the back end. I’ve also been able to move right and play straight thru the heads and get incredible carry due to the very angular back ends it creates. This ball will work well for people with a lot of hand, a drier condition, or one who likes to play straight up the boards and still get that sharp back end reaction.

Chats: 204

I like this ball and have had my eye on it...just not sure where it fits in. I mean, I really like the Rumble...and this ball seems to spec exactly the same as the Rumble. It'd be interesting to hear from Rotogrip staff who have thrown both to know what the difference is.

The Uproar is a pearl version of the Rumble; with a little lower grime rating and designed for a little lighter oil.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums
    In the bag: DV8 (Misfit, Zombie), Roto Grip (Disturbed, Wrecker), Storm (Hy-Road Pearl, Ice, IQ Tour Pearl, Sync, Tropical Breeze)
    High league game: 256. High league series: 618 PAP: 3 1/2" over 1" up

Chats: 204

Quote Originally Posted by SouthpawTRK View Post
    with a little lower grime rating and designed for a little lighter oil.
    Please explain "grime rating".

So this bll won't have as pronounced of a backend as the Rumble? Or is it a more smooth arc compared to the Rumble?

Rotogrip staff!! Please make a side by side/overlay video of Rumble versus Uproar!! Actually, they may already have one; I guess I should go check.
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Brunswick Endeavor; (: .) Radical Outer Limits Pearl; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    USBC#: 8259-59071; USBC Sanctioned Average = 175; Lifetime Average = 171;
    Ball Speed: 14.7mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

Here's the information for Guts, Grit and Grime from the Roto Grip website:

Guts: We look at items that include the radius of gyration at a multitude of positions (most measure only three), the shape and direction of the RG planes of this particular shape, the differential, and more. Higher numbers equate to a more aggressive core or weight block shape which produces more total ball motion.

Grit: We take into consideration the highly complex chemistry involved in producing our cutting-edge coverstocks. Oil displacement and pliability are two of the measurable elements. The number here relates to the strength of the coverstock, and higher values indicate more aggressive shell materials.

Grime: This will be a letter indicating the amount of lane conditioner this ball is designed to handle. Heavy Oil (H), Medium-Heavy (MH), Medium (M), Medium-Light (ML), and Light (L) are your options here. Remember that you can adjust the surface or layout of any Roto Grip ball so that it works across a variety of lane conditions.

If you use the lane comparison tool on the Rotogrip website, it will show you how the path for style, oil condition and you can compare one ball against another.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums
    In the bag: DV8 (Misfit, Zombie), Roto Grip (Disturbed, Wrecker), Storm (Hy-Road Pearl, Ice, IQ Tour Pearl, Sync, Tropical Breeze)
    High league game: 256. High league series: 618 PAP: 3 1/2" over 1" up