Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why not tournaments for over 65 1/2 year olds.. WHY????

Blog Entries
    Chats: 2643

Default Why not tournaments for over 65 1/2 year olds.. WHY????

Why not tournaments for guys over 65?? LOL,,,, hey too many young pup's out for me to keep up with!!!! I have great endurance, just not the same body I had 30 years ago!

Do they even have tournaments for say over 50? I have never seen any around here?? Iceman would take on 50 year olds, in a tournament setting!!

wouldn't you like to watch a tournament on TV with this age bracket!! ????
    Last edited by MICHAEL; 03-09-2014 at 11:00 AM.
    Don't walk on Thin Ice!

Yes, it's called the PBA50. Go get your PBA card and bowl with the big boys.
    BowlingVids.com -- USBC Tennessee (2204-27181) California (222-32895)

IndexGenie.com -- In The Bag --> Roto Grip Wrecker - Roto Grip Hyper Cell - Storm Polar Ice Hybrid

Blog Entries

Default Iceman getting his PBA card.....

Quote Originally Posted by circlecity View Post
    Yes, it's called the PBA50. Go get your PBA card and bowl with the big boys.
    I am talking LOCAL!!! LOCAL tournaments... not PBA! I have NO delusions of thinking I am good enough to bowl them animals!!

We have tournaments around town, but I don't know of any for 50 on up!
    Don't walk on Thin Ice!

Banned
    Chats: 68

Quote Originally Posted by MICHAEL View Post
    I am talking LOCAL!!! LOCAL tournaments... not PBA! I have NO delusions of thinking I am good enough to bowl them animals!!

We have tournaments around town, but I don't know of any for 50 on up!
    I'm thinking the number of 65+ bowlers still interested in tournament bowling is pretty limited.

If you think otherwise, organize one yourself.

Around here, the closest we get is 55+ handicap no-tap, very low entry, pays very little money.

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

They have a 100 and over tournament here every month. Its doubles and your ages have to add up to more tjan a 100. Goes back and forth between two houses.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Blog Entries

Default Cool!!

Quote Originally Posted by bowl1820 View Post
    They have a 100 and over tournament here every month. Its doubles and your ages have to add up to more tjan a 100. Goes back and forth between two houses.
    That's still to young... lol to spring chick 50 year olds!! LOL. If I were to have a tournament like that it would be, doubles, and both ages have to add up to 120 , and you have to be at least 50 to bowl the tournament!

Al, that sounds like a lot of fun!! After my wife retires in 3 years, we plan on hatting the road in our 5th wheel.
    Might spend some time down your way, and check that tournament out! I IMAGINE its handicap,,,,LOL,,,LOL since most are over 50!!!
    Don't walk on Thin Ice!

Blog Entries

Default When your Right,,, your Right Mike...

Quote Originally Posted by Mike White View Post
    I'm thinking the number of 65+ bowlers still interested in tournament bowling is pretty limited.

If you think otherwise, organize one yourself.

Around here, the closest we get is 55+ handicap no-tap, very low entry, pays very little money.
    I am sure your right mike!! Not many still walking, and in good health! BUT ICEMAN IS!!! ( Sad,,, but a lot of it has to do in my opinion, crap most eat, water that is not healthy, and lack of exercise!

Which reminds me, off to the gym for a light work out... bowl tonight with my honey bun!!! (

I will check to see if we have any 55 plus! It would be cool to bowl even young guys in the mid 50's! I do have fun whipping up on many young bowlers in my area!
    Don't walk on Thin Ice!

There is alot of the older guys around here doing the sasba tournaments. They have them all over the south mainly in texas though.
    http://sasba.com/
    Last edited by tccstudent; 03-09-2014 at 02:53 PM.
    USBC #9327-540
    In the Bag:
    Storm IQ Tour Fusion, Brunswick Mastermind Genisu, Roto Grip Asylum and Ebonite Maxim
    Final Book Averages for Fall:192 Current averages in Summer: PBA 182, Tuesday 202, Thursday 205

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Our local USBC tournament allows seniors to enter a seniors only event for a modest fee. You still have to enter at least one or more of the regular events, i.e. team, singles/doubles. However the way they figure your senior event score is to just take the first series you bowl in the tournament, not your best series. On the bright side since there's no extra lineage involved, 100% of the senior entry fees go into the senior prize fund.
    John

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by J Anderson View Post
    Our local USBC tournament allows seniors to enter a seniors only event for a modest fee. You still have to enter at least one or more of the regular events, i.e. team, singles/doubles. However the way they figure your senior event score is to just take the first series you bowl in the tournament, not your best series. On the bright side since there's no extra lineage involved, 100% of the senior entry fees go into the senior prize fund.

That sounds like FUN!! You know J,,,, I have a hell of a lot more fun bowling on a seniors league that is for men and women over 50! That was my first league a few years back, but then I started getting some great scores, 298, 290, and a number of them in the 270s,,,, and I thought to myself, WHY couldn't' this be a sanctioned league!!! I would always ask at the team meeting if we could vote on being sanctioned, and some would vote yes, but most would vote no. Money being the main issue.

There was no prize money but Cool little trophies at the end of the season, and a dinner/awards banquet.

It was only $7.50,,, to bowl, and .50 cents if you missed or couldn't make it for any reason! They were a great bunch of people, several much younger then me, many older then me.... but a bunch of GREAT PEOPLE to bowl with and NOT SO DAMN SERIOUS, but FUN!
    I miss them guys, and gals!!!! I am thinking seriously about going back next fall! They bowl on Mondays at 1pm and my wonderful wife is off that day, so maybe we, will return to the Fun Time Seniors League! ( that's the name) lol Has a nice ring to it!! Bowling should always be about FUN,,,, IMHA! Unless your a PRO making your living out of bowing, its a SPORT, to be enjoyed to the fullest!!
    Don't walk on Thin Ice!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast