Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Contest Mar 10, 2014 to Mar 16, 2014 - Roto Grip Asylum

Chats: 204

Quote Originally Posted by tccstudent View Post
    That would suck for you especially since all you do is make fun of storm and their scented ball.
    I don't hate Storm…they found a marketing trick that worked; more power to them.

I am more apt to hate those that buy a ball based on it "smelling". It's not Storm's fault. It's the people that go "Ooooooo!! Look at the pretty purple ball!! Oooooo…it smells like blueberries!! THAT'll make me a better bowler!" Duh.

Quote Originally Posted by Aslan View Post
    I don't hate Storm…they found a marketing trick that worked; more power to them.

I am more apt to hate those that buy a ball based on it "smelling". It's not Storm's fault. It's the people that go "Ooooooo!! Look at the pretty purple ball!! Oooooo…it smells like blueberries!! THAT'll make me a better bowler!" Duh.
    I cant believe the others havent followed suit. Maybe its a patent issue. I don't know.
    When I am in the proshop I do smell the balls but that has absolutely no relation on whether I want that ball or not.
    I have bought a ball based on color before but to be honest I had never thrown anything from that company and wanted to try it out. Ball was given away pretty quick.
    USBC #9327-540
    In the Bag:
    Storm IQ Tour Fusion, Brunswick Mastermind Genisu, Roto Grip Asylum and Ebonite Maxim
    Final Book Averages for Fall:192 Current averages in Summer: PBA 182, Tuesday 202, Thursday 205

Chats: 1

Grats on the win to Main Man!

Congrats!!

Who the heck is Maine Man? Last post 2010?

Aslan's gonna be pissed!!
    Proud Member of BowlingBoards.com Bowling Forums
    14's Deadly Aim, First Blood, HyRoad Pearl, Tropical Breeze, Rising Star, Maxim Spare

Chats: 256

I see the same thing, last post in 2010. LOL!!!
    High Sanctioned Scratch Game - 300(12) Hi Sanctioned Scratch Series - 822(3)
    2016/17 Book Average=221, 2017/18 Composite Average=223
    Equipment in the bag - Storm Crux Prime, Storm Physix, Roto Grip Idol, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused, Storm Sure Lock, Storm Drive, Roto Grip Winner Solid, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Fever Pitch, Roto Grip Red ball spare.

Rev Rate 400. Speed 18 at heads, 16.5-17 at pins. Axis tilt 10, Axis Rotation 55. PAP 5 5/8 x 5/8 up

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

I checked with the admn. That was a mistake, the winner is Vince805 so congrats to vince.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Last week's winner was Vince805! Sorry for the mistake! Thanks to everyone for being a part of the site and good luck this week!
    If you or your company would like to advertise on BowlingBoards.com, PM me.

Add this to your signature to show your support for BowlingBoards.com and the Bowling Forums

I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    Congrats!!

Who the heck is Maine Man? Last post 2010?

Aslan's gonna be pissed!!
    Now thats funny its all a C O N spiricy against Aslan
    USBC #9327-540
    In the Bag:
    Storm IQ Tour Fusion, Brunswick Mastermind Genisu, Roto Grip Asylum and Ebonite Maxim
    Final Book Averages for Fall:192 Current averages in Summer: PBA 182, Tuesday 202, Thursday 205

Chats: 204

Quote Originally Posted by tccstudent View Post
    Now thats funny its all a C O N spiricy against Aslan
    It happened not too long ago. One week Sara won a ball after posting like 4 times...then a guy won it who hadn't posted since the previous October. The site claims it's based on posts, but if it was based on posts...Iceman would win twice for every time someone else wins....so I think they just use the computer to grab a random Facebooker or site user....and then sometimes (like in this case) they realize it's a site user that hasn't logged in in awhile and they just have the computer grab another name.

"Could" there be a conspiracy? Sure. Maybe they have drawn Bowl or Iceman numerous times but don't want to keep giving balls to the same people. Maybe they don't want to encourage other users to "pull an Iceman" and create "Mike vs Me" and post 2400 times about nonsense. And I'm "pretty sure" the computer may have picked my name once or twice...but I really don't think Bowlingboards or Bowlingball.com wants to reward the "problem child" that not 6 months ago was on the verge of being booted from the site. But...thats the thing about conspiracys....it could just be my usual luck in that I NEVER win anything!! Lost our bid to take 3rd place in league last friday, got beat twice in poker this weekend, out of 20 lottery tickets...not ONE that paid even $1!! So me not being "lucky" isn't some strange twist of fate that can only be explained by a conspiracy of bowling illuminati. It's just how it is.
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Brunswick Endeavor; (: .) Radical Outer Limits Pearl; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    USBC#: 8259-59071; USBC Sanctioned Average = 186; Lifetime Average = 171;
    Ball Speed: 14.4mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

Chats: 1

We'll never mind grays to Vince ha ha I thought I had not see that name, but due to posting from my phone I can't go look at backed logged post o well.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast