Thread: Track Mx10 - Darrell Lovell, BowlerX.com staffer

Default Track Mx10 - Darrell Lovell, BowlerX.com staffer

Track Mx10
    Type of bowler: Tweener
    Avg Speed: 17.5
    Rev Rate: 375-400
    PAP: 5 x ¾ up
    Layout: 53 x 4 5/8 x 38

Looking for a ball that would clear the fronts but work through carry down when my skid flip equipment would shoot through the oil down lane. Looks like the Mx10 will do just that.

The Hybrid coverstock adds some traction to the ball and also dulls out the jerk.

Positives: Makes a strong move and keep the pins very low in the back. Very useful for someone who is trying to create angles without losing carry. Clears the fronts exceptionally well.

Negatives: Can be a little tame with this particular layout in the back. With a more aggressive layout the ball will cover more boards, but for players with speed it may not be a “hook monster.”

This is a quintessential benchmark ball. Predictable motion with strong finish.

Tried the ball on three patterns.

1) 40 foot house pattern with low volume: Pattern plays very dry in the middles. Was able to move in and use this balls drive and angles to combat the dry down lane and stay closer to the track. Ball made a strong move and really controlled the backend without losing aggression.

2) 42 foot house pattern with high volume: Pattern plays very slick. Was able to play up the track and never worry about overreaction in the heads. Couple of shots did bail out on the back, but with the box surface that is not a surprise on that type of pattern.

3) Kegel Dead Man’s Curve: Pattern is 43 feet and had a high volume 13 and out. The ball struggled – as did everything I had – with the volume down lane. Inside, however, it offered a good move and the ability to control the dry as the day wore on and the entire 120 field wore a hole in the middle.

In conclusion, this is a good bridge ball from surface to polish. If you’re looking for a ball to stick in the middle of your arsenal, this should be a choice.

Loving mine to death just might get another one punched up.