Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: BowlingBoards.com Southern California Tour: Inaugural Season

Quote Originally Posted by noeymc View Post
    i am not afraid of of loseing one bit nor do i care about handicap over all people get to much handicap and that is my problem to me scratch lets you see who is the better bowler that day when people are getting 40 50 60 pins you are pretty much giving that person a huge advantage by adding extra pressure to the better avg bowler who now has no room for error unlike someone whos getting a lot of pins is alsan afraid of bowling with little to no handicap cuz thats how it seems you would think the champion of the "greatest tournament ever" wouldnt be afraid to bowl with the best with little handicap just saying and i bowl in many different houses i try to find a new one every month so that way i challenge my self part of the reason i bowl bad is cuz i get board with the easy shot i love summer sport shots cuz i am given something hard every week not something where i can line up the same every week
    I'm guessing he is afraid to bowl scratch. I am bowling in a sport shot league this summer as well and look forward to the challenge.
    BowlingVids.com -- USBC Tennessee (2204-27181) California (222-32895)

IndexGenie.com -- In The Bag --> Roto Grip Wrecker - Roto Grip Hyper Cell - Storm Polar Ice Hybrid

For anyone wondering, bowlingball.com did offer a $25 Gift Certificate to sweeten the pot for the inaugural event of the tour. We want this to be a fun thing that everyone can be involved in and have a chance at competing. Having handicap is the only way to achieve that.
    If you or your company would like to advertise on BowlingBoards.com, PM me.

Add this to your signature to show your support for BowlingBoards.com and the Bowling Forums

I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

Chats: 204

For the handicap "haters"...I'll make the same point I made (and zdawg has made) to MWhite when he was whining about it.

You say it's not "fair"...or it gives an unfair advantage to lesser bowlers....YET....you bowlers who have been bowling competitively for 20-25 years seem to have no problem bowling scratch against bowlers that started bowling in 2013. Apparently that 24 year head start is not of consequence. And whenever a "handicap hater" doesn't want to bowl if there's handicap...it's because if you're a 212 average bowler..and you bowl scratch against a 150 average bowler...you could literally bowl the worst series you've bowled in the last 3 years and win. Is that "fair"? If Sean Rash faced off against me and I bowled a 540 series and he bowled a 557 series....do you think the bigger story is Sean Rash's victory? Or that a 165 average bowler almost beat Sean Rash? Handicap forces ALL players to bowl as good or better than they are capable of...it's that simple. If you have a high average and want to snatch up trophies by forcing beginning bowlers to bowl scratch...then why not let college basketball players graduate and go play against YMCA youth players? I mean, hey, you want the trophy...beat the best. Quit whining that you're only 9 and 5ft tall and they are 22 and 6'8"...suck it up kid! Asking beginning bowlers to bowl scratch is like Pete Weber showing up at your house league, taking all the award money and saying, "I'm the best, if anyone wants to win money just come see me on lane #3 and bowl me for it."

Now, personally, I prefer tournaments with "divisions". I think it's much more fair and it doesn't put added pressure on anyone, etc... The problem with doing that in the newly created "tour" is you need at least lets say 15-18 participants....bare bottom minimum. Any less than that and the divisions get too large and you end up penalizing players on the bottom end of the range. And since we currently have "3" people signed up....divisions are something to talk about for future contests.

Everyone here (virtually) bowls in handicap leagues every single week. This isn't some new thing we invented for this "Tour".

Like I said...you can join the tour and have some fun and put your money where your mouth is, or you can sit back, cross your arms, make a pouty face, and make excuses like "I'm too good to bowl handicap." And my response is...if you're THAT good...you shouldn't be afraid of beginners that "throw the ball in the gutter" no matter how much handicap they get.
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Pyramid Force Pearl; (: .) Brunswick Rhino Gold; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    USBC#: 8259-59071; USBC Sanctioned Average = 186; Lifetime Average = 171;
    Ball Speed: 15.5mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

Let's move past the handicap thing.

Season 1 inaugural season there is 90% from 220 handicap - if someone doesn't like it then don't participate - end of discussion. That is the rule.

Not much time - April 1 is next week. Let's get this think kicked off.

Let's get a running list of locations and bowlers and get moving forward - what is the minimum # we need to get this thing going?

Chats: 506

alsan 30 pins handicap should be more then enough for a 160 avg bowler just saying

aslan i have 4-6 years as a kid and this is my 2nd year since i started back after a 6-8 year break so in 2 years i have made my self a better bowler and yes sadly i have to bowl in handicap leagues during the fall my avg right now is 189 and 178 and i would rather bowl scratch all day every day like my buddy vince always says beat me straight up or it doesnt count and he is right how much help does a bowler need really

ps i have never attacked your game aslan just sayin
    Stroker
    Ball Speed : 17mph Rev Rate : 300-325 PAP : 4 1/2
    Balls : Hammer Taboo Deep Purple Roto Grip Shatter Roto Grip Scream Hammer absolute hook
    Avg 182 high game 291 High series 709
    bowling 2 leagues and everyday i can

Member ID: 9407-9357

Ringer
    Chats: 35

Quote Originally Posted by noeymc View Post
    alsan 30 pins handicap should be more then enough for a 160 avg bowler just saying

aslan i have 4-6 years as a kid and this is my 2nd year since i started back after a 6-8 year break so in 2 years i have made my self a better bowler and yes sadly i have to bowl in handicap leagues during the fall my avg right now is 189 and 178 and i would rather bowl scratch all day every day like my buddy vince always says beat me straight up or it doesnt count and he is right how much help does a bowler need really

ps i have never attacked your game aslan just sayin
    I think its all good noah, and there is no point in discussing handicap anymore....good luck to you!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456