Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My Bowling Style

Banned
    Chats: 68

Quote Originally Posted by Slingshot Bowler View Post
    Actually, I pick up all my spares this way. I'll post a video of just spares soon. You'll like what I call; "The Marimba Knock down" or "the heat seeker" (any single pin left standing).

I've been bowling this way for 22 years, but only within the last 10 years got my own 1 hole ball. (Many old school ball drillers preached "the laws" for bowling and refused to drill just one hole. Ha ha, I'm just a "for-fun" bowler, and not on a league. Although I'm considering joining one. As long as I can bowl the way I like to bowl.

This Slingshot is my primary ball, never heard it called a spare ball before. I do use a spare ball "sometimes" (my earthball, shown in the end during midnight bowling).
    Approximately how much does your ball weigh?

If you plan on joining a sanctioned league, there are rules about bowling balls, and how imbalanced they can be.

Balls are manufactured with the intent of having 3+ holes in them, so some counter weight is built into the ball.

Your single hole ball (single hole is legal), may not have removed enough of the counter weight to meet the imbalance rules.

The rules are more strict the lighter the ball is.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike White View Post
    Approximately how much does your ball weigh?

If you plan on joining a sanctioned league, there are rules about bowling balls, and how imbalanced they can be.

Balls are manufactured with the intent of having 3+ holes in them, so some counter weight is built into the ball.

Your single hole ball (single hole is legal), may not have removed enough of the counter weight to meet the imbalance rules.

The rules are more strict the lighter the ball is.
    11 pounds

Quote Originally Posted by tr33frog View Post
    Should I ask what kind of average you are holding down? I have to imagine that isn't the easiest way to pick up spares.
    as promised..
    http://youtu.be/NvaIk_ogBTs

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12