My Initial Zero Gravity Layout: 55 degrees x 4 3/4" X 2 3/8" (35 degrees)

The Storm Zero Gravity pairs the ERG Solid (first time Storm is using the ERG in a solid mixture) with the Shape Lock LD core. The LD stands for low density and for anyone paying attention, the most popular balls on the planet over the last couple of years have been the IQ Tour series which also have low density cores. When I first heard about the release of the Zero Gravity I was very excited. We've seen plenty of "hook monsters" in the Premiere line over the last few years (VG Nano and Vivid and Sync to name the last few). These balls have been good at what they do but tend to limit how long they can be used because of how strong they are. The Zero Gravity was developed to be a ball that a bowler could use for 3-5 games at a time at least and it has delivered just that.

The Zero Gravity is just strong enough (thanks to its coverstock) to use on most fresh conditions and the Shape Lock HD core keeps the ball from being DOA at the first sign of transition.

With mostly everyone on the IQ Tour Fusion bandwagon (and rightfully so), I actually prefer what I'm seeing from my Zero Gravity right now and it's the first ball out of the bag. The layout listed above gives me a very even reaction and has become my benchmark ball because of the reaction I get from it.

I have also drilled a second layout, this one is pin down: 55 degrees x 4 3/4" x 4 1/4"

The second layout gives me much more download reaction, as much as 5-6 boards more. It's also much more sensitive to under/over when bowling on less blended patterns (overwalled house shots).

Conditions I have used the Zero Gravity on: 2013 Masters pattern, 2014 Masters, 2014 USBC Open Team pattern and various house shots and a lower ratio 38' pattern at my local association tournament (as far as I know it wasn't a named pattern). I have been very impressed with the diversity of different patterns I can use the Zero Gravity on from the start or later in the block. It's the antithesis of a condition specific ball.

Where the Zero Gravity fits in my bag: The Zero Gravity is my step down from my Marvel-S and a step up from my IQ Tour Pearl. The IQ Tour Pearl was a great complement to the Zero Gravity at a recent NEBA tournament. The Zero Gravity wasn't quite cornering all of a sudden, after making moves for the better part of a game and having nothing more than 9-spare to show for most of the frames I switched to the IQ Tour Pearl. Stood in the same spot and was back in business. When bowling at the 2014 USBC Masters, on the fresh, the Marvel-S was the better ball early on but it was an easy switch to the Zero Gravity once the lanes transitioned and I needed to make a big move left.

When I use the Zero Gravity: As you can gather from my above statements, the simple answer is as early as a possible and for as long as possible. This ball really is that versatile.