Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone know what this Bowling Equipment is?

Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Mike White View Post
    There is something missing from those… And is a sign of the times. There used to be ashtrays and beer bottle holders near the front of tele-score tables.

I've did more than my share of score keeping back in the 70's/80's.

The lamps in those things were hot.

Looking at the picture again, that's not what I kept score on.
    I did so on Brunswick equipment, which used a more vertical glass layout filling the middle of the table, rather than horizontal layout at the top of the table.

https://archive.org/download/GoldenY...denYe1960.mpeg
    Yeah, this is an old AMF scoring table. I used this one A LOT when I was bowling heavily in the late '70s-early '80s. Our center was an AMF center. You used a grease pencil on the glass. And they were H.O.T!!! Used to sweat just sitting at the table. And people actually used the ash trays. But no drinks were allowed in what we called the "bowling pit" (the seating area, score tables, approaches/ball returns were located a step or two down from the concourse), so no beer bottles. But there were cup holders! Kinda brings a memorable tear to my eye...

hahahaha these are still used at my local alley i don't bowl there any more, wood lanes 100 year old machines, manual score keeping, aaahh the audacity! the horror! lol i don't know the value of them but they would look pretty cool cleaned up in your man cave.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12