Page 25 of 64 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast

Thread: 1st Annual BowlingBoards.com Virtual Tour!!!

Chats: 256

Quote Originally Posted by Mike White View Post
    At Chaparral300, after practice, I targeted 10 board. In 3 games, I never hit the 11 board or left, and only hit the 9 board or right once.

But because the lanes had a ton of carry down, 9 board would miss the headpin right, and the left half of the 10 board would go through the nose.

I left a ton of (light pocket) 7 pins, and (almost on the nose) 6 pins.
    Sounds like you were using the wrong ball. Remember, you can't out bowl bad ball reaction.

What you experienced likely wasn't carry down, more like oil depletion on the lanes.
    High Sanctioned Scratch Game - 300(12) Hi Sanctioned Scratch Series - 822(3)
    2016/17 Book Average=221, 2017/18 Composite Average=223
    Equipment in the bag - Storm Crux Prime, Storm Physix, Roto Grip Idol, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused, Storm Sure Lock, Storm Drive, Roto Grip Winner Solid, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Fever Pitch, Roto Grip Red ball spare.

Rev Rate 400. Speed 18 at heads, 16.5-17 at pins. Axis tilt 10, Axis Rotation 55. PAP 5 5/8 x 5/8 up

Banned
    Chats: 68

Quote Originally Posted by Aslan View Post
    % of Issues with Tournament:
    Aslan: 2%
    Bunny: 1%
    Classygranny: 3%
    Jeralok: 1%
    tccstudent: 1%
    Stormed1!: 1%
    vdubtx: 7%
    MWhite: 79%
    Mudpuppy: 2%
    ZDawg: 0%
    JDilly: 0%
    JAnderson 3%

It doesn't matter at this point. I've given up even looking for reasoning in the objections at this point. It's been a constant flow of objections to every single point, rule, format, schedule, etc... It's "Boy Who Cries Wolf" phenomenon. At this point, MWhite could object to bowling at a place because it's literally on fire and Aliens have taken the entire alley hostage....and my reaction would be..."yeah....whatever. Blahdy blah blah."

The original concept was a tournament. Where we all show up at a neutral center and bowl. We did that, on a neutral center, after a fresh layer of oil had been applied....you were tested...you were found wanting. You can claim you were sick that day, or there was a mini-earthquake, or the lights were too bright, or they invented an oil pattern just to mess with you....or that little green martian from the Flintsones popped in and magically caused your bowl to go in the gutter. It doesn't matter. At some point....it's about who bowled better.
    Who bowled better is the one who knocked down the most pins. That wasn't you.

I would LOVE if this could be a live event....in the National Bowling Stadium. All 12 of us, bowling a tournament in Reno. Same house, same conditions, same day. NO excuses. No "honor system". But....thats not what we have to work with...so we do the best we can with what we have. THIS is the best alternative.

As to your trash talking and other disparaging comments regarding your's truly, the CHAMPION of the 1st Annnual Billy Hardwick Memorial Southern California Aslan vs. ZDawg Invitational....well, it just puts THAT much more pressure on you to defeat me. Eventuallly....with only 6 centers on each of our lists...and a physical pairing looming...EVENTUALLY....you will have to face me again. And if it's at Arlington....your HOME center....no crazy "reverse block" excuses. No pressure on me. I'm SUPPOSED to lose. I've only been bowling 8 months....you've been bowling since I was in elementary school. You're SUPPOSED to win. No pressure.

Maybe it's that most people either don't notice, or care when you screw up.

And yes, 79% of the time you've screwed up.

Lets take your average for example, you said you had two league averages, one in the 130's, and one either 165 or 166.

First you said your composite was 151, then you said it would be 156, then somehow you listed your average as 146 stating that you had the wrong number of games.

What are the averages for each league and how many games in each of those leagues.

Let us confirm you calculated it correctly.

In my case, bowl.com lists the leagues, averages, # of games, and even calculated the composite average for you, and still you got it wrong.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by vdubtx View Post
    Sounds like you were using the wrong ball. Remember, you can't out bowl bad ball reaction.

What you experienced likely wasn't carry down, more like oil depletion on the lanes.
    They had moonlight bowling the night before.

If you stood at the foul line, you could see in the 1st 5 feet all the ball impact marks in the oil.

The marks were spread across the whole width of the lane.

A clear sign of open bowlers with house balls.

Thats not oil depletion caused by resin balls.

The ball not hooking in the back end, combined with the idea of oil depletion, would imply the ball was rolling out.

It wasn't rolling out. It was finding little to no traction in the back end.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mudpuppy View Post
    I agree if everyone could bowl in their league it would be fair. I don't bowl a summer league and both my leagues are over - so would I join a league just to do this tournament? Nope. And ultimately it wasn't the intent of the contest. This season 1 was taylored to get people out and bowl different lanes. Yes they are drawbacks to open bowling - I personally hate open bowling for those reasons but I love the idea of this tournament so I am willing to ignore the pitfalls and just try it out. The optimist sees the glass half full, pessimist half empty and the realist drinks the beer. Call me a realist. And order me another beer - full this time. Your opinions are duly noted now for future consideration (season 2 and beyond) - it sucks that they were ignored or you felt they were. I'm sure that wasn't the intention. But now you have voiced them publicly and whoever takes over for season 2 can take it into consideration. And season 2 should be during normal league season anyways. So maybe that is a good option and makes it better bowling for everyone and it makes it more convenient, etc. etc. etc.
    Might as well be bowling out in a rock pile. Skill won't decide the winner. Unless the skill is to know when open bowling conditions won't suck.

Chats: 506

mike i gotta disagree it will test your ability to find a line on any lane condition
    Stroker
    Ball Speed : 17mph Rev Rate : 300-325 PAP : 4 1/2
    Balls : Hammer Taboo Deep Purple Roto Grip Shatter Roto Grip Scream Hammer absolute hook
    Avg 182 high game 291 High series 709
    bowling 2 leagues and everyday i can

Member ID: 9407-9357

Chats: 55

Quote Originally Posted by noeymc View Post
    mike i gotta disagree it will test your ability to find a line on any lane condition
    While I do tend to agree with this, I must admit that my "ability" is a little more lacking that I thought it was - based on my recent VT outing. But maybe Mike is right in finding when open bowling conditions don't exist....first thing on opening? might be something to consider.
    Proud member of bowlingboards.com bowling forums & winner of bowling ball give-away!
    High Series - 704; High Game - 290 (a long time ago) Current Average - 150

they always exist weather good or bad the lanes have some oil on them its up to the bowler to find the line to the pocket where the ball doesnt burn up and carries
    Stroker
    Balls : Hammer Taboo Deep Purple Roto Grip Shatter Roto Grip Scream Hammer absolute hook

Chats: 256

Aslan and all,

Will you accept pictures of my scores? Just finished bowling my 4 games and while they are nothing to write home about, they do not provide print outs.
    High Sanctioned Scratch Game - 300(12) Hi Sanctioned Scratch Series - 822(3)
    2016/17 Book Average=221, 2017/18 Composite Average=223
    Equipment in the bag - Storm Crux Prime, Storm Physix, Roto Grip Idol, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused, Storm Sure Lock, Storm Drive, Roto Grip Winner Solid, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Fever Pitch, Roto Grip Red ball spare.

Rev Rate 400. Speed 18 at heads, 16.5-17 at pins. Axis tilt 10, Axis Rotation 55. PAP 5 5/8 x 5/8 up

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by noeymc View Post
    they always exist weather good or bad the lanes have some oil on them its up to the bowler to find the line to the pocket where the ball doesnt burn up and carries
    Oh sure, you can always get around the pocket, but you can't generate any angle of entry, and that is where the carry comes from.

Lets see, I had 25 frames of 9 count or higher out of 31 first ball shots.
    11 of those were strikes.

6 of those strikes only deserved to be 9 counts, but a pin would kick up out of the pit, and roll over into it.

Two 8 count spares (I believe those were both 6-10), 3 splits, 4-6, 4-6-10, and 3-10.

And one 5 count, when I hit the 9 board leaving the 1-2-4-7-9.

Oh and the ball wasn't burning up, it was finding insufficient friction in the back ends, and friction to be found was near the 30 foot distance, but no more after about 35 feet.

Compare that to my league bowling, the friday before I bowled on Saturday, I shot 648, and the Friday after I shot 696, so I wouldn't say I'm in a slump.

It's that you can't out bowl crappy oil conditions.

or you should have ball'd down and playd on the 2 board ? i wasnt there so i cant tell but i never bowled on a shot where i couldn't strike even on sport shots
    Last edited by noeymc; 04-26-2014 at 02:20 PM.
    Stroker

Page 25 of 64 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast