Page 28 of 64 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast

Thread: 1st Annual BowlingBoards.com Virtual Tour!!!

Chats: 204

Quote Originally Posted by vdubtx View Post
    Nope. I posted in other thread about it too. But, feel free to keep me at 195.
    Nope. It's been fixed. I also updated mine from 146 to 156. All the other averages seem to be correct.

Chats: 506

i need the people who have the power to vote to vote on this for me

alsan vote is no

but due to work i wont be able to make it up there any sooner then friday and even then it would be friday night so my question is is it ok if i bowl on may 2nd anderson i think your vote counts in this due to me bowling you not sure tho

thanks
    Stroker
    Ball Speed : 17mph Rev Rate : 300-325 PAP : 4 1/2
    Balls : Hammer Taboo Deep Purple Roto Grip Shatter Roto Grip Scream Hammer absolute hook
    Avg 182 high game 291 High series 709
    bowling 2 leagues and everyday i can

Member ID: 9407-9357

I vote yes for a 1 time exception in an effort to get this off the ground just like I voted yes on allowing MWhite's scores to be valid for a 1 time exception for bowling at a different center. It's only 2 days and I myself found it difficult to find time in April - had I not bowled yesterday in a very small window I had then I would not have got the 3 games done in April. It seems like 15 days is a lot but it's not. May should be a different story for everyone as we have the full month.

Ringer
    Chats: 35

Quote Originally Posted by Mudpuppy View Post
    I vote yes for a 1 time exception in an effort to get this off the ground just like I voted yes on allowing MWhite's scores to be valid for a 1 time exception for bowling at a different center.
    I'll vote yes, however to be fair that should mean that anybody who has yet to bowl should have until Friday evening to bowl and send their scores over to Aslan, and again stress that this is just a 1 time exception due to this being the first month and we're still ironing out the kinks.

Banned
    Chats: 68

Quote Originally Posted by Aslan View Post
    So my contention to MWhite's criticism that this format completely takes skill out of the equation is that it absolutely DOES NOT. What it DOES...is it makes the more skilled bowlers PROVE they are more skilled...rather than perhaps rely on simply familiarity with their house conditions. The better bowlers will STILL have the edge...but this makes them WORK FOR IT...and doesn't just hand them a trophy for their 25-35 years of experience.
    Ok, the most important skill is not the bowling, but selecting a time where the lanes haven't been trashed.

Without that skill, the actual bowling skills are wasted.

I'm going to schedule my future VT bowling to start just after the morning leagues complete, so there is a chance of getting some clean back ends.

Banned

Nope. It's been fixed. I also updated mine from 146 to 156. All the other averages seem to be correct.
    You still have mine listed as 193. My composite is 192. Bowl.com calculated it for you, but somehow your invented method came to a different conclusion.

The difference wouldn't matter at this point, if you hadn't also invented a method for calculating future averages that include the first average calculation you invented.
    Last edited by Mike White; 04-29-2014 at 10:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by noeymc View Post
    i need the people who have the power to vote to vote on this for me

alsan vote is no

but due to work i wont be able to make it up there any sooner then friday and even then it would be friday night so my question is is it ok if i bowl on may 2nd anderson i think your vote counts in this due to me bowling you not sure tho

thanks
    The vote is yes - 3 to 1. Aslan - no. Obviously you are yes. Me - yes. Zdawg - yes. And with the exception everyone has until Friday to bowl if they haven't already.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike White View Post
    You still have mine listed as 193. My composite is 192. Bowl.com calculated it for you, but somehow your invented method came to a different conclusion.

The difference wouldn't matter at this point, if you hadn't also invented a method for calculating future averages that include the first average calculation you invented.
    I'll fix it. It's just a rounding error. Your average is 192.55 so in my spreadsheet it showed up as 193. I now need to go back in and change everyone's averages by whatever 1 pin they may have gotten added. But I'll do ti right now and then this should finally be over.

Realize, you can't necessarily use what is on Bowl.com presently because it has changed since we set averages. I know my average is up there now and wasn't before. But, I will go change things again to account for rounding.

Quote Originally Posted by Mudpuppy View Post
    The vote is yes - 3 to 1. Aslan - no. Obviously you are yes. Me - yes. Zdawg - yes. And with the exception everyone has until Friday to bowl if they haven't already.
    Everyone is good until Midnight EST Friday night/Saturday morning. But that is a HARD deadline. It's not fair to make everyone else wait...especially when we've known about the need to bowl 3 games since before mid-April.

Banned

I'll fix it. It's just a rounding error. Your average is 192.55 so in my spreadsheet it showed up as 193. I now need to go back in and change everyone's averages by whatever 1 pin they may have gotten added. But I'll do ti right now and then this should finally be over.
    Yes, I know what the problem is/was, I told you what it was back on the 13th, and showed you the USBC rule back on the 16th.

Realize, you can't necessarily use what is on Bowl.com presently because it has changed since we set averages. I know my average is up there now and wasn't before. But, I will go change things again to account for rounding.
    Which is fortunate for you since you wouldn't have used your unsanctioned average if bowl.com had your 165 average listed.

Everyone is good until Midnight EST Friday night/Saturday morning. But that is a HARD deadline. It's not fair to make everyone else wait...especially when we've known about the need to bowl 3 games since before mid-April.
    You don't have to wait for Aprils scores to be delivered to create May's locations / pairings.

Unless you think there are dropouts, the two things are completely independent.

Yes, I know what the problem is/was, I told you what it was back on the 13th, and showed you the USBC rule back on the 16th.
    Yes. And I thought I fixed it. But apparently I fixed it with the handcap and not the averages. Which, as you pointed out, doesn't matter "much"...but since we are using those starting averages in furture calculations; better to get it right. And it has been fixed.

Which is fortunate for you since you wouldn't have used your unsanctioned average if bowl.com had your 165 average listed.
    Yes. That is fortunate for me. But also "fair". I mean, Bunny's average is solely calculated from that league...and Bunny easily outbowled me. So for her to have an average that is 20 pins lower than mine...doesn't make much sense.

As I tried to explain back in the Invitational days (that I am the Champion of by the way...in case ya forgot...I'll keep reminding you)...I average in the 150s on synthetic lanes. 99.95% of lanes are synthetic. Yet, I have to use my sanctioned average of 165...that was established on wood lanes. So, for the invitational and for the USBC tournament I bowled in...I took it on the chin and just bowled really well despite my average disadvantage. But again, on the SAME lanes...SAME league...Bunny averaged 10 pins higher than me...so to say I have an average 9 pins higher than her and that is somehow "unfair" and I should have an average 20 pins higher...absurd.

Also why I probably will never bowl in another unsanctioned league...becuase whats the point? Had that league been sanctioned, I may have won the USBC tournament I bowled in this year. But oh well. Live and learn. But yeah, I can't control how long it takes for averages to show up...so we just went with it and what was there was there.

You don't have to wait for Aprils scores to be delivered to create May's locations / pairings.

Unless you think there are dropouts, the two things are completely independent.
    True. I was just planning on getting everything in before taking that step...so everyone knows where they stand, how they faired last month, etc... But you're right, I can probably put together May pairings and center assignments...maybe Wednesday. I can't tonight...but I'll try on Wednesday. Gives me more time to arrange with YOU or Bunny to try and get a physical pairing together.

Page 28 of 64 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast