Page 2 of 64 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Thread: 1st Annual BowlingBoards.com Virtual Tour!!!

I am all good with random bowling centers - I think it helps improve my game bowling at different places, etc. I am not afraid to travel. I just thought it might limit participation but we shall see.

The gift certificate and sign should be good for season 1. See how it goes from there.

One more thought - April-September. I think maybe shorten that to April-July or August. Leagues start end of August. Make it a shorter season as a trial run and see how it goes. Just my $0.02. Like I said whatever you want to do I will go with it and promote from my side. I will even do live twitter feeds (twitter i.d. = @mudpuppyr1) for the Michigan events.

I think 1 more rule - the time / date of bowling has to be submitted 1 week prior to the bowling. That way someone doesn't bowl 6 times at the same center and submit their best scores.

Also what about a "traveling rule". Say I was traveling to California - could I bowl with Aslan, Zdwag and MWhite that month? Or does it have to be at my local centers? Maybe I want to travel to KC to bowl with Iceman.

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Just to be sure, there is no entry fee, a participants only costs will be getting to the randomly assigned bowling center and the cost of three games plus his or her share of the practice game. Is this correct?
    John

Quote Originally Posted by J Anderson View Post
    Just to be sure, there is no entry fee, a participants only costs will be getting to the randomly assigned bowling center and the cost of three games plus his or her share of the practice game. Is this correct?
    That's what Aslan has set up so I would say yes that is correct

Ringer
    Chats: 35

Quote Originally Posted by Mudpuppy View Post
    Also what about a "traveling rule". Say I was traveling to California - could I bowl with Aslan, Zdwag and MWhite that month? Or does it have to be at my local centers? Maybe I want to travel to KC to bowl with Iceman.
    I don't think that should be a problem. If things don't pick up for me I'm gonna be moving back to the east coast (DC) in May, and while there are a bunch of centers in Northern VA, MD, Georgetown, and downtown DC where I could participate I'm trying to put that thought out of my mind for now

Quote Originally Posted by zdawg View Post
    I don't think that should be a problem. If things don't pick up for me I'm gonna be moving back to the east coast (DC) in May, and while there are a bunch of centers in Northern VA, MD, Georgetown, and downtown DC where I could participate I'm trying to put that thought out of my mind for now
    Move to Michigan. It's the Anti-Aslan state. He's not even allowed in Ohio or Canada or any other adjacent state or province. The Michigan State Police have orders to shoot on sight.

Ringer

Move to Michigan. It's the Anti-Aslan state. He's not even allowed in Ohio or Canada or any other adjacent state or province. The Michigan State Police have orders to shoot on sight.
    Now there's an idea

Chats: 204

Quote Originally Posted by J Anderson View Post
    That is correct sir.

Anyone wanting to travel outside of their 90-mile radius to bowl against other BBers is absolutely encouraged to do so. You would just bowl at the center chosen for that pairing...or if the group wanted to meet halfway I could redraw for a halfway point center. No problem.

One more thought - April-September. I think maybe shorten that to April-July or August. Leagues start end of August. Make it a shorter season as a trial run and see how it goes.
    I was thinking of shortening to April-August so that we wouldn't have it going on in December (holidays). But I figure it's only a once per MONTH commitment. That shouldn't be that hard to find ONE DAY in a MONTH to meet up for a few games. Plus, I wasn't sure if it would get off the ground in April or not given registration closes mid-April....so I left it till December as a "cushion". We'll see how it goes.

I think 1 more rule - the time / date of bowling has to be submitted 1 week prior to the bowling. That way someone doesn't bowl 6 times at the same center and submit their best scores.
    Thats already taken care of in 2 ways:
    1) The games can't occur until you have the pairing AND the center. So early in the month, it'll get posted, Example:

Mudpuppy/Michigander- Thunderbird Lanes, Clawson, MI
    Virtual Opponents: Mudpuppy vs. ZDawg and Michigander vs. Iceman

2) You'd need the other guy (Michigander above example). Thats one of the main points behind making it a "pairing" (when possible)...you'd need to BOTH cheat. I'm not saying that wouldn't happen...but it's less likely when you have a real person there with you that may have a bit more moral "superiority" about those kinds of things.

Ringer

I may be able to recruit one (or more) of the members of my bowling league to participate as well, I figure the more the merrier both in the tournament and bowlingboards.com membership

Chats: 204

Quote Originally Posted by zdawg View Post
    I may be able to recruit one (or more) of the members of my bowling league to participate as well, I figure the more the merrier both in the tournament and bowlingboards.com membership
    Please do! Right now, the odds of winning that certificate and sign are pretty good since it's just me, you, and mudpuppy.

I had a feeling this would happen. I thought I was just being overly pessimistic, but when the idea first got floated I thought, "okay...it took like 2 months of back and forth just to get 3 guys in Cali to meet at a lane and bowl...then another month of argueing about videos and scores. What are the odds that we can put together a national tournament, with multiple players, and "virtual" scores and have it succeed? I have a feeling it'll get support early, then nobody will end up signing up, and it'll be a waste of time."

I hate being right all of the time. It gets boring.

Page 2 of 64 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast