Page 34 of 64 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536373844 ... LastLast

Thread: 1st Annual BowlingBoards.com Virtual Tour!!!

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Quote Originally Posted by Aslan View Post
    I "could" have…had I:
    A) Known that was a "thing".
    Considering a "Drop Rule" has been mentioned in many posts before which you probably have read, You should have known. But maybe you didn't.

B) Not been concerned about the person that might bowl way HIGH in round 1.
    A "Drop Rule" would have no bearing on a person bowling high in round 1. It just limits how low a persons average can go, not how high.

Your way of figuring average (which is basically is just adding 3 games of extra pins to the bowlers running total.) has two draw backs.

A) It doesn't prevent the bowler from dropping average at the start. The 180 average, bowling a 90 average in week 1. would drop to a 135 average using your way.

B) Your way of average calculation benefits the bowler who bowls HIGH in round 1. Because it helps hold their average down.
    The 180 average, bowling a 200 average in week 1. would have their average only go up to 190.

It would also benefit the The 180 average, bowling a 90 average in week 1. for the same reason in following weeks. They could bowl high in following weeks and not have their average go up as much as it should.

C) Not wanted to be creative.
    Nothing wrong with being creative, Just remember most new inventions don't work perfectly the first time and don't be defensive if someone points out a flaw or makes a suggestion on how it could be improved.

God…bowlers are like people in nursing homes. God forbid Wheel of Fortune isn't on at 7:00PM and then Walker Texas Ranger….the whole world will collapse!!
    Well your a bowler, so I guess you would know. LOL

Maybe people see MY way and it starts a new trend??? Ever think of that??
    Hey if that happens more power to you.
    Last edited by bowl1820; 05-06-2014 at 07:30 AM.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

I am ok with your method to the madness Aslan. I did not understand - maybe I didn't cliff note your war and peace novel about the rules as good as I thought. But I understand now. If that is the rules so be it - if this is an issue it can be addressed for season 2.

Chats: 204

I like to think of this new averaging invention in this way:

It's a "link to reality". It doesn't solve everything. As I mentioned to MWhite yesterday when he came to challenge me at my home house...."the rules aren't going to stop a cheater from cheating....there's no rule that will do that 100%." People "could" still sandbag. People "could" still bowl their best series in week 1 and be screwed in weeks 2 and 3. I haven't invented the "cure" for AIDS...I've only invented a way to minimize the damage.

And what is "cheating"? What is "sandbagging"?

I use a non-sanctioned Simple Green mixture to clean my bowling balls after each practice session/league night. Technically, per USBC rules...that would be illegal. Does it give me an advantage? I don't think so. It's just financially a much better decision to make little spray bottles of cleaner for pennies rather than pay $4 for the same stuff. So is that "cheating"? Is it on par with someone that enters a tournament and claims they have a 139 average when they know that they have a 164 average just so they can get in the < 140 division?? Is it the "same"?

And what is "sandbagging"? We ALL know that in week 1...sandbaggers or no...that maybe ya don't try your BEST. Now...for me....I always try my best. I want that 300 ring!! But if things start going south...in week 1...I'm not gonna beat myself up over it. Is that "sandbagging"? Is it the same as a guy that bowls left-handed in week 1 or under-handed?

The thing with life is....most everything is a grey area. Thats one of the things wise people learn that younger people or less wise older people never figure out. There is not 100% right or 100% wrong. Everything has degrees of latitude...everything...bowling, murder, lying, cheating, traffic law compliance, helathy lifestyles, vices....there is no "one right" and "one wrong". It's "degrees".

This rule, physical pairing, time limits, score verifications, etc.. are all designed to keep us sorta in that center...but it's no guarantee. It's still an honor system to much of an extent and that assumes people have "honor"....which unfortunately in this day and age...most people outside the Marine Corps don't even use that word and think it got retired back in the Middle Ages.

Chats: 506

thank you for caping the M in Marines and any Marine will tell you if you aint cheating you aint trying
    Stroker
    Ball Speed : 17mph Rev Rate : 300-325 PAP : 4 1/2
    Balls : Hammer Taboo Deep Purple Roto Grip Shatter Roto Grip Scream Hammer absolute hook
    Avg 182 high game 291 High series 709
    bowling 2 leagues and everyday i can

Member ID: 9407-9357

All I gotta say is, after all the bee-(f)ishing about the 2-day delay...I better see some scores start rolling in over the next 4 days.

All I gotta say is, after all the bee-(f)ishing about the 2-day delay...I better see some scores start rolling in over the next 4 days.
    Won't see mine for a week or two tough guy - busy the next week or so.

My video from month 1 at Parkway Bowl or Ten Pins of Trenton or as I guess I renamed it Parkway Lanes. Enjoy. Please note this was exactly 2 days after I picked up this new camera and I am still learning it - the bright lanes, lack of a tripod and lack of lighting in the seating / approach really wasn't conducive to good video. This month I am bringing a tripod and I already know Super Bowl has much better lighting anyways.

Last edited by Mudpuppy; 05-07-2014 at 11:16 PM.

Jerall has our info he will get it to ya when he gets a chance. He also has video of both April and of May if he ever posts it.
    USBC #9327-540
    In the Bag:
    Storm IQ Tour Fusion, Brunswick Mastermind Genisu, Roto Grip Asylum and Ebonite Maxim
    Final Book Averages for Fall:192 Current averages in Summer: PBA 182, Tuesday 202, Thursday 205

Banned
    Chats: 68

Mine will probably come on the 12th or 19th.

I'm just glad that fiasco on Monday didn't effect my normal bowling.

On Wednesday, I shot an "Andy Varipapa 300". Last 6 game 2, first 6 game 3.

I think Mudpuppy's video was tres awesome!

1) The music sucked though. It sounded like Pantera mixed with GWAR. Very distracting.
    2) Mudpuppy is thinner than I thought. I need to get back in shape.
    3) That random center looked AWESOME (you're welcome)...but it looked very cold there....so I'm glad I moved.

Page 34 of 64 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536373844 ... LastLast