Page 59 of 64 FirstFirst ... 949555657585960616263 ... LastLast

Thread: 1st Annual BowlingBoards.com Virtual Tour!!!

Chats: 204

Final Month Scores:

VDubtx: 222 (212), 222 (212), 222 (212) = 636 (Hdcp)
    ZDawg: 165 (204), 165 (204), 165 (204) = 612 (Hdcp)

noeymc: 184 (206), 184 (206), 184 (206) = 618 (Hdcp)

MWhite: 204 (204), 197 (197), 214 (214) = 615 (Hdcp)

Amyers: 167 (204), 167 (204), 167 (204) = 612 (Hdcp)
    Bunny: 153 (190), 153 (190), 153 (190) = 570 (Hdcp)

J-Dilly: 187 (206), 187 (206), 187 (206) = 618 (Hdcp)
    Mudpuppy: 227 (246), 248 (267), 191 (210) = 723 (Hdcp)

JAnderson: 188 (206), 188 (206), 188 (206) = 618 (Hdcp)
    Stormed1: 170 (204), 170 (204), 170 (204) = 612 (Hdcp)

tccstudent: 193 (206), 193 (206), 193 (206) = 618 (Hdcp)
    classygranny: 184 (206), 184 (206), 184 (206) = 618 (Hdcp)

Jeral999ok: 184 (206), 184 (206), 184 (206) = 618 (Hdcp)
    tr33frog: 213 (209), 213 (209), 213 (209) = 627 (Hdcp)

Aslan: 150 (194), 159 (203), 165 (209) = 606 (Hdcp)
    BYE: 186 (207), 186 (207), 186 (207) = 621 (Hdcp)

Great...posted this in the wrong place...also go see the standings thread for this and more exciting information!!!
    Last edited by Aslan; 10-03-2014 at 01:31 PM.
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Brunswick Endeavor; (: .) Radical Outer Limits Pearl; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    USBC#: 8259-59071; USBC Sanctioned Average = 185; Lifetime Average = 171;
    Ball Speed: 14.4mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

Chats: 256

False Advertising... I see no exciting information posted.
    High Sanctioned Scratch Game - 300(12) Hi Sanctioned Scratch Series - 822(3)
    2016/17 Book Average=221, 2017/18 Composite Average=223
    Equipment in the bag - Storm Crux Prime, Storm Physix, Roto Grip Idol, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused, Storm Sure Lock, Storm Drive, Roto Grip Winner Solid, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Fever Pitch, Roto Grip Red ball spare.

Rev Rate 400. Speed 18 at heads, 16.5-17 at pins. Axis tilt 10, Axis Rotation 55. PAP 5 5/8 x 5/8 up

Quote Originally Posted by vdubtx View Post
    False Advertising... I see no exciting information posted.
    It takes a few minutes to post "exciting information"...go back and check now.

EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE!!!

Stormed1 has been cleared to bowl in round 1 of the Finals after his bout with Ebola or sex change operation or whatever he went through that he "claims" was cardiovascular in nature.

He has drawn a center from his list of 6 specified. However, he is asking to get a re-draw due to that center being a bit far away and him going through some medical procedures that limit him a bit.

Since it was drawn from his list of 6, I can't just re-draw it. The point of the list of 6 is that you don't have an issue drawing any of those centers. HOWEVER..given the special circumstances I am willing to be over-ruled on this if BOTH ZDawg and Mudpuppy agree to re-draw.

I would suggest that Stormed1 PM both fellas to have them come read this since Mudpuppy is sometimes distracted with motorcycles or Iceman's ramblings and ZDawg is distracted by lovely San Diego weather.
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Brunswick Endeavor; (: .) Radical Outer Limits Pearl; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    Ball Speed: 14.4mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

Ringer
    Chats: 35

Cool

Having followed Stormed1's recent health issues, I don't have a problem with granting him a redraw as he is in a unique situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Aslan View Post
    I would suggest that Stormed1 PM both fellas to have them come read this since Mudpuppy is sometimes distracted with motorcycles or Iceman's ramblings and ZDawg is distracted by lovely San Diego weather.
    The weather isn't the only thing distracting about San Diego

Just waiting on Mudpuppy to weigh in.

Chats: 221

Well i got out to Lakewood to get my games in for October. lanes were squirely after having a senior league and open play all day. Out of bounds outside 8., toast from 8-15 and oil inside of 15. Ended up throwing the Covert Revolt (pin in ring) standing 42 playing 18-13. Missed 2 10 pin. all the rest were left side spares as they were tyouchy as to hook or slide. But after on 5 games back I was obviously not very sharp on spares and not having ever bowled here before not knowing characteristics of the center didn't help I shot 140-148-213=501 dso I only ended up 9 pins under average forr series. I got my games in so at least I have a chance :-)

Ringer
    Chats: 35

Unfortunately I waited until yesterday to try venture out to my assigned alley, which in a word was STUPID.

It cost me 2 hours of my time to get out there and back to my apartment, we're talking a grand total trip of less than forty miles (San Diego weekday traffic at its finest hence my stupidity in not getting this done on a weekend).

And the icing on the cake was when I finally got there I found out that the person I spoke to on the phone was either really stupid or someone who thought that it would be funny to tell me they had open lanes....yes technically they did when I walked in but they were in the process of reclaiming them for league - despite the huge lit sign outside that literally says "OPEN LANES, NO WAIT"

Anyway, I've got plans tonight with a female friend and unless they have open lanes immediately after work tomorrow (for real this time) I won't be able to get out there since tomorrow night is Halloween which then turns into my birthday at midnight, and I'll be busy with other things

Okay...here's where things stand right now...

- Neither noeymc nor classygranny bowled their play-n game by October 15th and were disqualified.
    - Aslan DID bowl, thus he advances past 1st round automatically to play the winner of MWhite/ZDawg in Round 2 in November.
    - Stormed1 requested a re-draw of Lakewood Bowl. I declined but put it to ZDawg/Mudpuppy for a veto, but Mudpuppy never voted and in the meantime it looks like Stormed1 just bowled at Lakewood. I still do not have scores for that...remember Stormed1, I need the e-mail of the scores/pictures/scoresheet to aslan_supreme@yahoo.com before midnight Nov. 1.
    - I did receive scores from VDubtx this morning.
    - I received a request for a re-draw from Mudpuppy via PM but the only reason given was that the center he drew was inconvenient to get to over the next 2 days. As far as I'm concerned, and per the rules, I don't think I can re-draw that. Garden Bowl IS one of the 6 selected centers by MudP. Now, since MudP wants it, I think it's outside the scope of what I can legally accomodate, the swing vote goes to ZDawg. If ZDawg says it's agreeable...I'll re-draw...but we're running out of time...and what happens if the next draw is the once center in Ann Arbor? Thats an even more inconvenient draw than Detroit. Would we re-draw again? Do we even have TIME to re-draw again? Do we allow Mudpuppy to just pick the most convenient center rather than re-draw? Does that set the precedent for everyone else that they too can just select the most convenient center to them? <------That is why I'm voting "no" to the re-draw. Not because I have anything against Mudpuppy or anything like that...but sometimes you have to be careful what precedents are set. I voted "no" to re-draw Stormed1 and he at least had a compelling life/death/medical reason...but still, "precedent" would be set...then it's a free-for-all.

Besides, when the centers and pairings were posted...on THAT DAY...I looked at my calender and made plans to take the 45 minute drive to Temecula (middle of nowhere). It was NOT convenient. I got there too early, had to wait around, finally got to bowl and the lanes were horrible and the ambiance distracting...and the place had like NO AC...so it was a sweatfest. But I DID it...at the center that was drawn...within the specified timeframe. I didn't wait till the final week and then say, "Aww....carp....I can't get to Temecula between now and Saturday."

The only encouragement I can give everyone who thinks the rules too strict and Aslan a "stickler" is....Mudpuppy has already been elected to President of the VBT for next season...and I'm sure the rules will lighten up a bit then.

Blog Entries
    Chats: 2643

Quote Originally Posted by Aslan View Post
    Okay...here's where things stand right now...

- Neither noeymc nor classygranny bowled their play-n game by October 15th and were disqualified.
    - Aslan DID bowl, thus he advances past 1st round automatically to play the winner of MWhite/ZDawg in Round 2 in November.
    - Stormed1 requested a re-draw of Lakewood Bowl. I declined but put it to ZDawg/Mudpuppy for a veto, but Mudpuppy never voted and in the meantime it looks like Stormed1 just bowled at Lakewood. I still do not have scores for that...remember Stormed1, I need the e-mail of the scores/pictures/scoresheet to aslan_supreme@yahoo.com before midnight Nov. 1.
    - I did receive scores from VDubtx this morning.
    - I received a request for a re-draw from Mudpuppy via PM but the only reason given was that the center he drew was inconvenient to get to over the next 2 days. As far as I'm concerned, and per the rules, I don't think I can re-draw that. Garden Bowl IS one of the 6 selected centers by MudP. Now, since MudP wants it, I think it's outside the scope of what I can legally accomodate, the swing vote goes to ZDawg. If ZDawg says it's agreeable...I'll re-draw...but we're running out of time...and what happens if the next draw is the once center in Ann Arbor? Thats an even more inconvenient draw than Detroit. Would we re-draw again? Do we even have TIME to re-draw again? Do we allow Mudpuppy to just pick the most convenient center rather than re-draw? Does that set the precedent for everyone else that they too can just select the most convenient center to them? <------That is why I'm voting "no" to the re-draw. Not because I have anything against Mudpuppy or anything like that...but sometimes you have to be careful what precedents are set. I voted "no" to re-draw Stormed1 and he at least had a compelling life/death/medical reason...but still, "precedent" would be set...then it's a free-for-all.

Besides, when the centers and pairings were posted...on THAT DAY...I looked at my calender and made plans to take the 45 minute drive to Temecula (middle of nowhere). It was NOT convenient. I got there too early, had to wait around, finally got to bowl and the lanes were horrible and the ambiance distracting...and the place had like NO AC...so it was a sweatfest. But I DID it...at the center that was drawn...within the specified timeframe. I didn't wait till the final week and then say, "Aww....carp....I can't get to Temecula between now and Saturday."

The only encouragement I can give everyone who thinks the rules too strict and Aslan a "stickler" is....Mudpuppy has already been elected to President of the VBT for next season...and I'm sure the rules will lighten up a bit then.

Wow
    no wonder your womanless and lonely
    Your TRUE LOVE IS Bowling and TYPEING!!

I swear, I don't know where you get the time to work and post!!
    I am RETIRED, and when I break all your posts down that you have into words, and word count,
    mine are 1/10,000 the number of yours!

In fact ICEMAN took it a little further and found out that its
    just about EVEN when you add all the posts on this site, and that goes back to just after the Civil War!!

YOUR A Type-A-Holic! or,,,,OR are you just lonely, with lots of SPARE time! Do you want me to bring the: FIND ASLAN a GOOD BOWLING WOMAN back???

I have to have a bottle of moist-your-fricken-eyes with me when ever I decide to actually read all your posts!!
    YOUR destroying my eyes!! Lion man, work on keeping them SHORT!! Save an Eye!!
    Last edited by MICHAEL; 10-30-2014 at 01:27 PM.
    Don't walk on Thin Ice!

Page 59 of 64 FirstFirst ... 949555657585960616263 ... LastLast