Bowler Stats-Ball Speed 15.5 MPH Rev Rate-App 315 Axis of Rotation-30 to 60 degrees Axis Tilt 9 degrees Right

Handed PAP-5 over, 1/4" up

The Motiv Covert Revolt is designed for medium to heavy patterns according to Motiv. The core is a new core

for Motive, the symetrical Vanquish, wrapped with the Turmoil HFS cover. The ball is as advertised and more

for me. The ball picks up it's roll earlier, due to the very low RG (2.47) and solid cover. The core with a

differential of .056, allows the ball, even with it's early motion, to keep plenty of energy down lane. The

ball covers more boards then any ball since the Raptor P7 even though it appears to cover less because of the

early motion. The Covert Revolt then makes a strong move that is much less sudden and sharp then the Primal

Rage and closer to the original Cruel. The Covert Revolt's make a continous move at the end of the pattern

and can cover a lot of boards in heavy volume or longer patterns. The core/cover combo has allowed me to play

up the boards as well as playing very deep, something that I have issues with on dull strong low rg equipment.

Getting the ball in the soup (house shot) in the middle of the lane may cause the ball to skate past the

breakpoint but there is amble recovery which still allows a move towards the pocket. The Covert Revolt lets me

know when to put it away as it will start to leave strong corners, or run out of energy to get back to the

pocket and hit softly. This coverstock is easily tuneable and shining it cuts down noticeably on the number

of boards covered. Additionally, does not soak up a lot of oil, and like all of the other Motiv covers, does

not quickly "track out".

If you use this ball as designed it will be a very effective ball. To throw it on a burnt conditions will

require a healthy polish and a longer drill pattern. With the Covert Revolt Motiv has a piece of equipment

that acts as a great arsenal builder working in conjunction with the Primal Rage series of balls.

As always, the Neomark coverstock makes the roll and transition of the ball easy to read.

Dug Barker
Motiv Staffer
BTM Youth Writer
Ken Bowl Lanes Youth Director
Positive Coaching Alliance Double Goal Coach
BWAA Member
SWBA Member
USBC Silver
2003 GLBA Youth Coach of the Year