Finish Method:Can be polished
Durometer:73 - 75
Flare Potential:7" +/High
Weights:12lbs - 16lbs
SKU:RHY
Release Date:01/07/14

My layout: 4 ¼ X 4 7/8 X1 3/4
My PAP: 4 1/2" over 1 1/4 up

The Hyper Cell from Roto Grip is a bowling ball that I am going to drill a bunch of. I have only thrown this ball for a few weeks and I have already ordered 2 more. I first used the ball in my sport league. We were bowling on the Women’s USBC National Pattern and I immediately noticed how much the ball hooked for me. Out of the box it I thought it reacted more then anything I ever owned before. I confirmed this fact 6 days later when I bowled on my house shot. That first night on the women’s pattern I couldn’t help but noticed how hard this ball hit the pins. I knew within a few frames that I really loved the Hyper Cell! I bowled next on the 37 foot Broadway pattern at NEBA. Once again I was covering more boards then I normally cover. The pattern was short, but I was still able to make the ball work and I made the cut. Next up was my house shot. This is a 42 foot pattern which the ball once again handled very well. The next night I bowled on the 45 foot Route 66 pattern which has stumped me a number of times, until last November, when I figured it out, and lead a NEBA Squad. That night the ball was absolutely incredible and I shot 996 for 4 games. Two days later I used the ball at the Ferraro team tournament. I think the pattern was the Seoul Pattern. The Hyper cell once again handled the pattern quite well. The next day I bowled on Route 66 again in the People’s Tournament. I got off to a very slow start and was only 12 over after 2 games. I then shot 278 the third and final game to get to 90 over, and made the cut by 6 pins. I shot 234 my first match and lost my second match that day 247-244. The Hyper Cell did great in the high pressure tournament situation, especially since I needed every pin the last game.

Since I throw the ball fairly straight I really don’t get away with many shots that drag off the thumb, or one that I release a bit fast or thumb down. The Hyper Cell has recovered for me many times in the past few weeks under these circumstances. When that happens for me it truly says a lot about the bowling ball. I have also thrown a few out the window and missed right and couldn’t believed the ball recovered.

I convinced my partner Marcel Lessard to drill up the Hyper Cell. He drilled it and it sat in our office on his ball rack for a few weeks. I walked up to him before Wednesday night league, and basically told him you using your Hyper Cell tonight. He shot 816 that night which was his first three games with the ball. Marcel throws it even straighter then me, and the Hyper Cell opened up the pocket and lane for him also.

In short I have battle tested the Hyper Cell on a number of conditions. The ball is tournament tested as well. It is very strong and very versatile at the same time. It is a special ball for me because it added aggressive hook to my bag which I usually don’t get.
The Hyper Cell from Roto Grip is like buying hook in the box, and gets my highest rating without a doubt!