Thread: Yet another new bowler- Ohio

Default Yet another new bowler- Ohio

Hello all,

New to bowling and new to the state of Ohio. A bit of a change coming from CA.
    Getting ready to be fitted for my new ball,an Ebonite Cyclone. Found a nearby house I like and a certified coach. So, I'm ready to go. Looking forward to soaking up all the knowledge here and getting to know the place.

Best...

Welcome to the site. Check out our Virtual Bowling Tour. Looking for any and all participants.

Chats: 204

California to Ohio?? Thats a significant downgrade.

Thats like trading in a newer model BMW for a used Honda Civic 2-door.

Condolescences.

Quote Originally Posted by Aslan View Post
    California to Ohio?? Thats a significant downgrade.

Thats like trading in a newer model BMW for a used Honda Civic 2-door.

Condolescences.
    And so close to a MAJOR upgrade by moving to Michigan. Like I was sooooooooooooo close to winning the lottery - just needed to buy a ticket and match a few numbers or something.

Chats: 204

Quote Originally Posted by Mudpuppy View Post
    And so close to a MAJOR upgrade by moving to Michigan. Like I was sooooooooooooo close to winning the lottery - just needed to buy a ticket and match a few numbers or something.
    Yeah...not even YOU can support a person from Ohio. Unless it's a rare person from Ohio that is only there because they have to be and hates Ohio State....which is literally less than 2000 people in Ohio. They do have a top notch amusement park though. "Michigan Adventure" is like a crippled, red-headed meth addicted stepchild compared to Cedar Point.

ETA: But yes, as much as I give Mudpuppy 'poo' for being a Michigander...Michigan vs. Ohio is a landslide win for Michigan. Woods, Forests, Lakes, Mountains/Hills. All Ohio has is Lake Erie and thats the worst Great Lake...it stinks like dead fish. Sure, Michigan also has Flint and Detroit...which are embarassing...but Detroit brings legitimate pro sports teams to the mix. Ohio has Cleveland, Cincinnati, and Columbus...but the same # of football, hockey, and NBA franchises between them....and they are all horrible. They DO have 2 baseball teams...gotta give em that one. But yeah...state vs state...Ohio is just a place you drive through to get to cooler places.
    Last edited by Aslan; 04-01-2014 at 04:44 PM.

Chats: 506

what part of ohio if your up north check out oberlin lanes the coach there Tom Reid is a amazing coach ohio is a great state we dont have naturel desastors
    Stroker
    Ball Speed : 17mph Rev Rate : 300-325 PAP : 4 1/2
    Balls : Hammer Taboo Deep Purple Roto Grip Shatter Roto Grip Scream Hammer absolute hook
    Avg 182 high game 291 High series 709
    bowling 2 leagues and everyday i can

Member ID: 9407-9357

Quote Originally Posted by noeymc View Post
    what part of ohio if your up north check out oberlin lanes the coach there Tom Reid is a amazing coach ohio is a great state we dont have naturel desastors
    I'm about an hour away from there. But I think I found a good local guy.
    Thanks for the tip.