Storm IQ Fusion Review
Layout:
Pin 1-1/2” above fingers on grip center line, cg kicked right at a 45 degree angle, balance hole on midline at 4-1/2” out
PAP:
4-1/2” -> ½” ^
Conditions:
A. Center A- 38’ house pattern*, Kegel Kustodian Walker, AMF HPL lane surface
B. Center B- 37’ house pattern*, Kustodian ION, New Brunswick Anvil lane surface
C. Center C- USBC White #2*, Kustodian ION, AMF HPL lane surface
* Center A and B patterns are typical blended, Christmas tree based applications, center C was a PBA Midwest Regional

Surfaces preps:
1. Factory finish
2. Factory plus Storm Rough Buff
Ok, so this was my personal experience throwing this amazing ball, and for reference I throw high track, 15.75 mph, 350+ rpms, using Turbo Lifts and a Switch Grip thumb insert and I am right handed.
After all the hype and everyone screaming glory, I must admit, this ball is everything publicized! Let’s be honest, multiple 700’s in different houses on different patterns, an 826 series, (which is my high series ever) during a duos league, and a 15th place finish at the Over/Under PBA Regional event in the ‘Raisin’ division at Thunderbowl in Council Bluffs IA.
My best experience with this ball is on slightly played lanes. For my ball roll and speed it can be a little iffy out of the gates. Get a game or two in, break this ball out and poor execution can be the only thing standing in your path.
I have long been a fan of the IQ Pearl, which has been my late block ball for over a year now. Imagine that same ease through the heads with a little earlier read and a smooth, strong, continuous back end motion that is more likely to leave a 9 pin than 10 any day!
For me, the surface adjustment with Storm Reacta Skuff has always shown the best results. This prep gives me the look I need on most house patterns I face, letting my balls get into roll at a better point prior to impact with the pins.
If you have been reluctant to throw a Storm ball, this is a wonderful choice for your first! If you were a big fan of either the IQ Tour or Pearl, this is a much needed addition to your arsenal.
Let’s be honest here folks, if you want to shine in your weekly league outing, you need one of these in your bag. What started as a rumor is slowly turning to fact and will soon be legendary! The IQ Fusion is possibly the greatest house shot ball ever made, and a must have for any serious tournament bowler!