Hello everyone, I'm a new MOTIV Staff member and I couldn't be more happy with the variety of ball motions offered by MOTIV. Now for my first review.

The Venom Shock continues the Venom series of mid priced equipment offered by MOTIV. The Venom Strike has been a favorite ball of mine as it is very clean through the front part of the lane with a smooth continuous move of the back of the pattern to the pins. The Strike just need a little extra hook in the back to improve pin carry. The Venom Strike provides just that. The Shock is clean through the front part of the lane and make a stronger continuous move towards the pins. I have 2 Shocks, both at box finish, one is pin up with no hole and the other is pin down with a low hole. Both are very good on THS as I can use the pin down ball first to control the wet dry and then I can go to the pin up ball and open the lane up. Our league patterns are somewhat dry which doesn't allow to use my Revolts much.

This weekend I bowled in a PBA50 regional on Viper pattern and on wood lanes. I ended up polishing both Shocks with Power Gel Polish to control the dry heads from the wood lanes. Both balls carried me to an 8th place finish. The Shock is extremely versatile which makes for a great ball. Bowl MOTIVated and Shock the competition!!