Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tips For Shooting at Washouts

It's simple a matter of angles. A seven-ten, or 4-6 split is virtually impossible because you have to hit one pin and send it at a 90 degree angle to pick up the other pin, and that's nearly impossible. The smaller the angle, the greater the chances of picking up the spare. It you hook the ball at the headpin for a washout, you increase the angle that you have to throw the headpin, so you decrease you chances of picking up the spare. Going straight at the eight pin = smaller angle to throw the headpin into the ten pin = increased chances to pick up the spare.

the 7-10 i would really like to see someone get that far to the side of either pin to send it straight across and not be in the gutter. If that was to happen I would have to believe that something about the pin deck or pinsetter was out of tolerance
    the only way I have ever picked up this split or even seen it picked up was getting on of the pins to bounce back up on the deck and roll the other one out.
    USBC #9327-540
    In the Bag:
    Storm IQ Tour Fusion, Brunswick Mastermind Genisu, Roto Grip Asylum and Ebonite Maxim
    Final Book Averages for Fall:192 Current averages in Summer: PBA 182, Tuesday 202, Thursday 205

Chats: 506

ive seen the ten pin hit right before the ball goes into the gutter and bounce over and get it
    Stroker
    Ball Speed : 17mph Rev Rate : 300-325 PAP : 4 1/2
    Balls : Hammer Taboo Deep Purple Roto Grip Shatter Roto Grip Scream Hammer absolute hook
    Avg 182 high game 291 High series 709
    bowling 2 leagues and everyday i can

Member ID: 9407-9357

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12