Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Contest Apr 07, 2014 to Apr 13, 2014 - Hammer Deadly Aim

some people tell me to take a 1000 pad to. what would you say to do. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kent Dushane View Post
    some people tell me to take a 1000 pad to. what would you say to do. thanks
    Before changing anything I personally would recommend bowling 20 games with it and seeing how it reacts. Then if you wanted to make a surface change go for it. If so I would advise having a reputable pro shop guy (or girl) take the surface to 1000 or whatever they recommend based on your observations of what the ball is or isn't doing. Of course some of the more experienced higher level bowlers will take the ball down to 1000 or 1500 or whatever right out of the box for specific reasons. Unless you are at that higher level I would recommend giving the ball some time to break in.

also remember the farther you go away from 'natural' surface the more often you have to maintain it.

by Natural I mean the surface that is naturally generated by lane friction against the ball surface. if I remember right that is somewhere around 5000 although I am sure it would vary dpendent on the lanes you bowl on.
    PAP - 6 1/4 1/8 up
    speed 16-16.5 monitor
    ~400-450 revs

I am a Proud Member of BowlingBoards.com Bowling Forums

New to the forum and back from a 20 year hiatus from bowling. Got my fist fingertip ball, been drilled a couple times but good enough for me! Doing well but want something new to make my own! Hope I win!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mudpuppy View Post
    How many games do you have on the new ball? Usually takes 20 games to break a ball in. My Hammer First Blood was like throwing a dead fish the first few weeks - bad reaction - until it broke in. Now it is a monster.
    I only have 6 games on it, going to put another 3 on it this Saturday. I did not realize that you have to break in a new ball. It has been a very long time since my last new ball. Thanks for the information.

Quote Originally Posted by jnv32185 View Post
    I only have 6 games on it, going to put another 3 on it this Saturday. I did not realize that you have to break in a new ball. It has been a very long time since my last new ball. Thanks for the information.
    Yes most definitely - there is a performance curve. New out of the box the surface is not broken in. Does that mean all balls are useless brand new? Absolutely not. But they do undergo a change. I witnessed it big time with the First Blood. And then you end up at the other end of the spectrum (60-80 games) where the ball will start rolling oblong - due to the track wearing into the surface. That is when it is time to resurface the ball. And there is a minor break in period after a resurface as well.

I'm hoping to see if it's true that "nothing hits like a hammer".

Yes! A perfect compliment to my First Blood.
    Proud Member of BowlingBoards.com Bowling Forums
    14's Deadly Aim, First Blood, HyRoad Pearl, Tropical Breeze, Rising Star, Maxim Spare

What is Bowling?
    Chats: 0

I want to see what this thing does pin down with a little surface on it.

This ball is awesome.

Blog Entries
    Chats: 2643

Default Put me down for the draw...

The BAll Pins Dread!!!
    DEADLY AIM

Don't walk on Thin Ice!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast