The Zero Gravity is the evolution of the Shape Lock core design in the premier line of Storm Bowling balls. The shape lock core was first introduced in the Shift. We then saw the transformation into the HD Shape Lock core with the release of the Gravity Shift. This is the third variation called Shape Lock LD which has the highest RG (2.55) and lowest Differential (0.037) of the three core variations. It also has the lowest rated intermediate differential at a modest 0.010. The cover on the ball is the ERG solid reactive, the first that we have seen a solid version of that cover. The Zero Gravity is 2 toned purple and red, and reminds me of the old Trauma ER when sitting on the shelf. It has a grape scent.
I drilled my Zero Gravity 4x5 x2½. I did not need to use an extra hole as the top weight was low enough, and the PSA was sitting far enough to the left of the Cg to keep the ball under the 1oz maximum allowed by USBC. I have left the ball at its box finish of 4000 abralon as well.
The Zero Gravity is very clean to the breakpoint for a high end solid cover ball. What is unique though is that it rolls to the spot, not skids to it. This is very beneficial when dealing with today’s slicker oils. Once through the front of the lane, the Zero Gravity then makes a strong move down lane, not to be confused with a flip. It is a very readable reaction, and will be very beneficial on flatter harder patterns that don’t have a huge launch pad up front, but still has a medium to medium high volume on the lane. Another nice feature of the Zero Gravity is the ability to move in a little deeper than what other asymmetrical balls usually allow me. The lower intermediate differential means that the ball won’t stand up as hard as what a high intermediate differential ball can. So in other words, the Zero Gravity has characteristics closer to that of a symmetrical piece than an asymmetrical piece. Don’t take me wrong, the defined shape is still there, just not as hook-set or as fast of a spin time as a lot of other asymmetrical balls. The other thing worth noting about the Zero Gravity is how much energy it seems to have at the pins. This added energy allows my medium rev rate to throw messengers across the deck, surprisingly frequently. It also seems to give me a higher carry percentage on those light hits, by mixing up the pins quite a bit.
So far, I have had good success with my Zero Gravity on a few different house shots. I haven’t really had the chance to throw it in many tournaments, as what I have bowled lately, has required bowling balls that start up much quicker than what the Zero Gravity does. I can see this ball working out well for me in the upcoming regional where we will be competing on the Chameleon pattern. For me, I will be looking to use the Zero Gravity on medium to medium heavy (with some addition of surface for the extra oil on the lane) length patterns, and some drier, broken down, longer patterns as well.
If you are a bowler that has struggled with asymmetrical balls in the past hooking too early and appearing to not store enough energy for the backend of the lane, then the Zero Gravity just may be the answer for you. Thank you for taking the time to read my review of the Zero Gravity. As always, don’t forget to bowl up a Storm!

Tommy Gollick
Storm/Vise regional staff player