The IQ Tour Fusion is the new release from Storm that has taken the proven success of the solid and pearl IQ’s, and “fused” them into one great ball. The Fusion has a bright gold pearl and Blue solid color combination of the R2S hybrid that is sure to catch a bowler’s eye. It uses the same C3 Centripetal Control core that was in the first two releases. The C3 core has an RG of 2.49 and a differential of 0.029 in 15lb balls. The Fusion comes from factory with a 1500 grit polish, and a blueberry muffin scent.
I drilled this Fusion with a 4x 6 ½ x 2 ¼ layout. This fits nicely in between my soild and pearl IQ’s, a little closer to my pearl, as I use more surface on my solid than factory (I keep it at about 2000 abralon compared to the 4000 factory). The Fusion is a good ball to start with on medium conditions.
I like the Fusion for medium conditions, and on patterns that I want to keep my angles more in front of me, but still need a defined move to the pocket. I have been able to use the Fusion on house conditions as well as Viper and on broken down Carmen Salvino pattern (40ft). The Fusion is just an all around good ball. Between the Fusion and the Roto Grip Asylum, most all of my medium condition lanes are covered. The Fusion is in the bag all the time, as of right now.
The Fusion will be good for all types of players, because of the proven R2S hybrid cover and the low flare, controllable core. Lower rev rate players will be able to bump the dry without getting over reaction thanks to the lower RG weight block, and high rev players will be able to hook it, and generate some hold thanks to the low flare potential. It surely will be a must have for all tournament players, wanting to be able to get control of the lane, and having a cover that can be fine tuned during practice to handle all variations of medium conditions.

Tommy Gollick
Storm/Vise regional staff player