Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: 1st Annual Bowlingboards.com Virtual Bowling Tour Participant / General Information

Chats: 204

Quote Originally Posted by Stormed1 View Post
    can i request a redraw? the only open bowling times are in the evening and my night vision is not good enough to drive unfamiliar country roads at night (I only have 1 eye). and their only daytime availability is while i will be at dialysis.
    Due to the fact that said bowling alley is not open during the day, and classy granny got a redraw for that reason…yes.

Your re-draw is Oak Forest Bowl in Oak Forest, IL. Open at 9AM each day and only 8 miles away. Talk about a lucky draw!

Updated my average. I thought I bowled 72 games in the prior league but only bowled 66.

Blog Entries
    Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Aslan View Post
    TCCSTUDENT: Green Country Lanes, Muskogee OK. 49.56 miles (eligible for distance re-draw)
    Re-Draw: Main Street Bowl, Henryetta OK. 51.55 miles. (eligible for distance re-draw)
    Re-Draw: Fast Lanes, Checotah OK. 70.21 miles. (eligible for distance re-draw)
    Re-Draw: Broken Arrow Lanes, Broken Arrow OK. 15.24 miles (10-pin handicap deduction; home center)

Jeral999ok: Wagoner Bowl, Wagoner OK. 40.4 miles.

Oklahoma Physical Pairings:
    tccstudent vs. Jeral999ok: At Broken Arrow Lanes, Broken Arrow OK. 15.24 miles (10-pin handicap deduction; home center) OR Wagoner Bowl, Wagoner OK. 40.4 miles.
    Questions?

TCCStudent and I are bowling Wagoner tomorrow (Saturday), I do just bowl my 4 games (1 practice, 3 Tournament games) and this counts for both my match with JDilly and Physical Match with TCCStudent or do I have to bowl 7 games (1 practice, 3 for JDilly and 3 for TCCStudent)?

Jeral

Jerry 'Jeral999ok' - USBC #8738-16145 - Current Arsenal 14lbs: 1st: Brunswick Mastermind Genius, Aura (org), Hammer Purple Taboo, Blue/Silver Taboo, Brunswick Maxxed Out, Brunswick Meanstreak Brawler, 900 Global Hook Pearl, Spare: Dv8 Zombie - Current Averages: 187 in Sheridan, 182 Traveling League.

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Quote Originally Posted by Jeral999ok View Post
    Questions?

TCCStudent and I are bowling Wagoner tomorrow (Saturday), I do just bowl my 4 games (1 practice, 3 Tournament games) and this counts for both my match with JDilly and Physical Match with TCCStudent or do I have to bowl 7 games (1 practice, 3 for JDilly and 3 for TCCStudent)?

Jeral
    If I understand the set up correctly you and TCCStudentare not competing against each other, you are just bowling your tournament games in the same center at the same time. You will only bowl four games.

Unless one of you has a horrible day, the two of you should have an advantage. Even though you aren't bowling against each other, it's natural totry and beat the person who is on the pair with you.
    John

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by J Anderson View Post
    If I understand the set up correctly you and TCCStudentare not competing against each other, you are just bowling your tournament games in the same center at the same time. You will only bowl four games.

Unless one of you has a horrible day, the two of you should have an advantage. Even though you aren't bowling against each other, it's natural totry and beat the person who is on the pair with you.
    Hehe we had an ok day, we played our round today..

Jeral

Jerry 'Jeral999ok' - USBC #8738-16145 - Current Arsenal 14lbs: 1st: Brunswick Mastermind Genius, Aura (org), Hammer Purple Taboo, Blue/Silver Taboo, Brunswick Maxxed Out, Brunswick Meanstreak Brawler, 900 Global Hook Pearl, Spare: Dv8 Zombie - Current Averages: 187 in Sheridan, 182 Traveling League.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeral999ok View Post
    Questions?

Jeral
    First, thank you for bowling at one of the assigned centers after finding out Wagoner Bowl was only doing 'glow bowl'. The other option would have been Broken Arrow with the -10 pin handicap deduction per game.

Second, We agreed to 1 practice game per person. So most people will bowl 4 games with the last 3 counting. For those that have a PHYSICAL pairing (CA, OK); you will bowl 5 games; 2 practice followed by 3 games that count.

Banned
    Chats: 68

First, thank you for bowling at one of the assigned centers after finding out Wagoner Bowl was only doing 'glow bowl'. The other option would have been Broken Arrow with the -10 pin handicap deduction per game.

Second, We agreed to 1 practice game per person. So most people will bowl 4 games with the last 3 counting. For those that have a PHYSICAL pairing (CA, OK); you will bowl 5 games; 2 practice followed by 3 games that count.
    So based on your interpretation, if a group had 4 people, each person would get to practice 4 games, then bowl 3 more that count?

Another palm to forehead moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike White View Post
    So based on your interpretation, if a group had 4 people, each person would get to practice 4 games, then bowl 3 more that count?

Another palm to forehead moment.
    Actually, that was changed because you suggested we change it. Facepalm moment Part II.

Originally it was 1 game of practice for those bowling solo. Those bowling in pairs would split the 1 game of practice. Three people bowling would also split that one game. 4 people would split 2 games.

But a certain person, I believe MWhite, said that was completely unfair (and probably a face palm moment) that most people get a full game of practice yet those bowling against each other had to split a game or might only get 3-4 frames.

But yes…each person gets a game warm-up practice…if it's 2 people thats 2 games (1 for each person). That should be fair, easy to manage. I did not mean to imply that the "pair" gets 2 games. It's 1 game per bowler…so a pair would just play an extra game to start.

Banned
    Chats: 68

Actually, that was changed because you suggested we change it. Facepalm moment Part II.

Originally it was 1 game of practice for those bowling solo. Those bowling in pairs would split the 1 game of practice. Three people bowling would also split that one game. 4 people would split 2 games.

But a certain person, I believe MWhite, said that was completely unfair (and probably a face palm moment) that most people get a full game of practice yet those bowling against each other had to split a game or might only get 3-4 frames.

But yes…each person gets a game warm-up practice…if it's 2 people thats 2 games (1 for each person). That should be fair, easy to manage. I did not mean to imply that the "pair" gets 2 games. It's 1 game per bowler…so a pair would just play an extra game to start.
    So, you're now saying that:
    1 person bowls 4 games (1 practice, 3 count)
    2 people bowl 8 games (2 practice, 6 count) which is (1 practice, 3 count) per person.
    3 people bowl 12 games (3 practice, 9 count) which is (1 practice, 3 count) per person.

How then did you come up with this below?

Second, We agreed to 1 practice game per person. So most people will bowl 4 games with the last 3 counting.
    For those that have a PHYSICAL pairing (CA, OK); you will bowl 5 games; 2 practice followed by 3 games that count.
    This isn't implying that the "pair" gets 2 games of practice each, this is flat out stating that the pair get 2 games of practice each.

Blog Entries

TCCStudent and I did just 1 practice game ( he shot the first 5 frames, I shot the last 5 frames ) as suggested in the original rules. I did not mind this, and I don't think TCCStudent mind it either. I felt warmed up and ready to go after the 5 frames.

I also have video of our entire round including our shared practiced and our 3 game match play. Will post a link once VT 1 rounds are posted by Aslan.

While agreed with what has been said, it should be 1 game for each player in all fairness, Cause if your in a city by yourself it is a full game of practice, where we only got 5 frames each since it was stated to share the practice game. I think it should be optional, I felt good and ready to bowl the match after 5 frames.

But we all know, this is the first round, there will be some kinks to work out and we should all do your best to help were we can. It will smooth out and we'll get it all worked out in the end.

Remember, we are doing this to ENJOY the sport, to help promote it, not cause issues for each other. TCCStudent and I talked to the staff at Muskogee Green County Lanes about what we were doing (and also the video camera set up) and they seemed interested in it.

I am enjoying this very much and look forward to the upcoming rounds.

As I stated, we followed the current stated rules, I felt fine with the 5 frame warm up.

Jeral
    Last edited by Jeral999ok; 04-20-2014 at 09:51 PM.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast