Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: 1st Annual Bowlingboards.com Virtual Bowling Tour Participant / General Information

Chats: 204

VBT Tournament of Champions Begins!!!

The tournament is very simple. It is a single elimination tournament. There will be no re-shuffling of seeds once the tournament begins. All participants seeded based on thier Tour finish; ties broken by scratch pin fall.*

*Scratch pin fall is NOT used when the tie is to determine the final spot(s); that is determined using a play-in game.

PLAY-IN GAME
    Since both noeymc and classygranny tied for the 8th and final spot, they MUST bowl one series BEFORE 12AM Sunday the 18th of October. If either one fails to report scores by then, they will be eliminated. If neither bowls, the tie goes to scratch pin fall in the regular season (noeymc). This is treated like a separate game and the scores only used to determine who gets the final spot. The WINNER must then bowl AGAIN before the end of the month against the top seed (Aslan) to determine who moves on in the tournament.

#8 noeymc vs. #8 classygranny

Classygranny draws AMF Christown. noeymc draws Lake Erie Lanes.

#1 seed Aslan vs. #8 seed noeymc/classygranny

Aslan draws Temecula Lanes
    IF noeymc wins play-in game; he draws Lake Erie Lanes.
    IF classygranny wins play-in game; she draws AMF Union Hills.

#5 seed MWhite vs. #4 seed ZDawg
    MWhite draws Brunswick Classic Lanes
    ZDawg draws Parkway Bowl

#3 seed VDubtx vs. #6 seed Mudpuppy
    VDubtx draws Plano Super Bowl (10-pin per game home center deduction applies)
    Mudpuppy draws Garden Bowl

#7 seed Stormed1 vs. #2 seed Bunny
    Stormed1 draws Lakewood Bowl
    Bunny draws Irvine Lanes

There are no physical pairings in the Tournament of VBT Champions.

Given that this is the FINALS...you MUST have your score verification and it MUST be in my e-mail mailbox (aslan_supreme@yahoo.com) by 12AM on November 1st. We had 6 months to "practice" doing things the right way...now it's time to put the hammer down as far as following the rules goes. And remember...a PRINTOUT...that shows the center and the date...and pictures of the monitors with the scores visible...preferably with something in the background that indicates the center. You don't need BOTH...but error on the side of "both" rather than the side of "neither". And remember, ONE practice game and then THREE games that count. Not 5 practice games and then 2 that were good and then a couple more practices and then another good one. If you bowl in a league there..., NO, you may not just use your league scores...must be a SEPARATE event.

NEXT ROUND

Winner of #1/#8 faces winner of #5/#4.

Winner of #3/#6 faces winner of #7/#2.
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Brunswick Endeavor; (: .) Radical Outer Limits Pearl; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    USBC#: 8259-59071; USBC Sanctioned Average = 186; Lifetime Average = 171;
    Ball Speed: 14.4mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

Averages for Round 1 of the Tournament

PLAY-IN Game
    noeymc 184; 32 pins handicap.
    classygranny 184; 32 pins handicap.

Aslan 168; 46 pins handicap.
    noeymc/classygranny: TBD (adding play-in scores to average calculation)

MWhite 218; 1 pin of handicap.
    ZDawg 165; 49 pins handicap.

VDubtx 222; 0 pins handicap.
    Mudpuppy 201; 16 pins handicap.

Stormed1 170; 44 pins handicap.
    Bunny 153; 59 pins handicap.
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Brunswick Endeavor; (: .) Radical Outer Limits Pearl; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    Ball Speed: 14.4mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

Chats: 221

It looks like I might get back to bowling the last week of this month. Just in time. Provided my cardiologist clears me or my wife will kill me.

Just remember folks…this is the Finals. You bowl by the deadline or you forfeit. If both bowlers forfeit, then their next opponent in the next round gets a bye. Hopefully Stormed gets cleared in time for the tournament, it would be nice to have him back. But he already got his "pass" when the rest of the field decided to stop participating 2 months ago which left him a spot in the Finals. No more passes. Bowl or go home and wait for the sequel.

Oh good I get to bowl Vdub first round - DOH! That is exciting news.....not. lol. Good luck Vdub.

Quote Originally Posted by Mudpuppy View Post
    Oh good I get to bowl Vdub first round - DOH! That is exciting news.....not. lol. Good luck Vdub.
    Yeah, but you're coming off a dominant #2 finish in the AVI Challenge AND VDubtx gets a -10pin deduction since he drew a home center. So, anyone's game at this point.

And the good news for you is; if you can beat VDub...the next round shouldn't be that tough...and could be a bye since Stormed is coming off bypass surgery and I haven't heard anything from the Bunny camp. Of matter of fact, I think she was having a surgical procedure as well about this time. Me, on the other hand, either I'll get a bye this round or I'll have to face noeymc or classygranny. BUT...even if I can move on, I have to either face ZDawg's handicap or the MWhite Express.

No easy routes in the finals. Gonna have to bowl well all 3 months to win.

Chats: 221

With the way rehab has been going it's looking more and more like I will be able to bowl before the end of the month

Quote Originally Posted by Stormed1 View Post
    With the way rehab has been going it's looking more and more like I will be able to bowl before the end of the month
    Good to have you back.

ALL

Well, I'll update the standings thread tonight or sometime over the next few days to show the actual scores...but we DO know that the Semi-Finals will be as such:

#1 seed Aslan vs. #5 seed MWhite

Aslan draws Concourse Bowling Center (10-pin per game home center deduction applies)
    MWhite draws Upland Bowl

#3 seed VDubtx vs. #7 seed Stormed1
    VDubtx draws Rowlett Bowl-a-Rama (10-pin per game home center deduction applies)
    Stormed1 draws Lakewood Bowl*

There are no physical pairings in the Tournament of VBT Champions.

* "Why did Stormed1 draw the same center as last month?"
    VDub, myself, and MWhite are on the LAST center of our lists that have not been drawn. Stormed1's list was exhausted in October and thus all 6 centers are again eligible, and he just happened to draw the same one.

"Why is his list exhausted and the other 3 aren't?"
    VDubtx submitted 7 centers rather than the minimum of 6. Both Aslan and MWhite did 1 round in Vegas thus leaving 1 center of their 6 unselected that month. Next month, MWhite, Aslan, and VDub...should any of them survive...their lists will reset.

"Why is VDubtx getting a 10-pin deduction again? He had his home center LAST month!"
    Home centers are based on what centers your averages came out of that we used to calculate your starting average. Many participants bowl in leagues in multiple centers and thus have more than one "home" center. The majority of participants had more than one although relatively few CHOSE BOTH centers in their selected lists.

Averages/Handicap remain the same as last month:

Aslan 168; 46 pins handicap.

Stormed1 170; 44 pins handicap.

NEXT ROUND (TOURNAMENT FINALS!!!)

Winner of #1/#5 faces winner of #3/#7.

It should be interesting. I get to bowl at my home center, but am taking a 10-point per game hit to do so. VDubtx is in the same situation. MWhite usually isn't affected by center assignments as he usually hand picks when he's going to play there to give him the best shot at a consistent lane surface.

Remember NOT to procrastinate!! I don't want to see any more forfeits! Also, be diligent about your score reporting! I want pictures of scoring displays and/or printed scoresheets! Error on the side of caution and do both!! DO NOT wait until the last minute!! This is NOVEMBER!! The last weekend is a 4-day holiday weekend!! Last time I bowled over Thanksgiving weekend...the lanes were so dry and screwed up that it was laughable!! There will be no EXTENSIONS given...so don't wait till the last minute and then claim you couldn't get there or they were closed for Thanksgiving weekend. I won't care. You have 23 days that aren't Thanksgiving weekend!! I am going to "try" and get my games in next week....if possible. This week is kinda hectic...but hopefully I can get them in next week without interfering with my practice and league time.
    Last edited by Aslan; 11-03-2014 at 11:58 AM.

#3 seed VDubtx vs. #5 seed MWhite
    VDubtx draws AMF Richardson
    MWhite draws Deer Creek Lanes

Averages/Handicap remain the same as last month:

Okay…it all comes down to this!! Our two high average bowlers face off head-to-head! I guess further evidence that the lower handicap bowlers tend to do better than the higher handicap!!! No more Cindarellas!!!

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast