Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need some help... Please view video

Chats: 0

So last night I stayed with my same approach and concentrated more on my mark and keeping my head steady. I felt like that helped my timing. My wife got a few videos I'll upload and let y'all watch. However I shot 256-266 made a bad ball change and lost everything and shoot 169 my last game. Changed to my storm tropical breeze and started playing down and in. Not a comfortable shot for me and needs a lot of work.

I uploaded the videos my wife got the other night. Some are landscape and some are portrait. Hope this will give yall some more info to provide me with some feedback. I noticed on them my head was more stable on my release just because I was actually concentrating on that part of my game. Thanks for yalls help.

You should be able to find the other videos if you go to my channel. I made them public so yall could see them all without me having to link all of them. If that doesnt work please let me know and I will link them.

It looks like you have some good things going on. You start your swing on the first step which is what you should do on a four step approach. Your swing seems to stay under your head going back and on your forward swing. The ball is close to your ankle when you get into the release zone which is good. It seems like you are rushing your swing because your approach is so fast. If you move up two or three feet on the approach and make your first two steps a little slower and closer together then you won't feel the need to rush your swing to keep up with your feet. Your footwork should gradually speed up as you get closer to your slide and release.

Here is a Kegel link to look at about a correct approach: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fo29U0iXd8
    Last edited by Hammer; 04-13-2014 at 10:44 PM.
    Arsenal: Raw Hammer Orange/Black Hybrid 14lbs, Blue Hammer urethane 14lbs, Columbia 300 Lava Ball Plastic 14lbs, Highest scratch series 710 Bowling 38 years Never hit that 300 game. Highest game 276, had 11 strikes and one spare in the middle of that game.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
    It looks like you have some good things going on. You start your swing on the first step which is what you should do on a four step approach. Your swing seems to stay under your head going back and on your forward swing. The ball is close to your ankle when you get into the release zone which is good. It seems like you are rushing your swing because your approach is so fast. If you move up two or three feet on the approach and make your first two steps a little slower and closer together then you won't feel the need to rush your swing to keep up with your feet. Your footwork should gradually speed up as you get closer to your slide and release.

Here is a Kegel link to look at about a correct approach: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fo29U0iXd8
    I will try to work on that. That night those videos were taken I really concentrated on my mark. Doing so I felt like it slowed my approach down. Now im not sure if it felt like that because of me concentrating more than normal on my mark or what. But I will be going to practice Tues night when I go pick up my Hammer Black Widow Assassin. So ill try moving up a little. I tried moving up during practice the night of those videos but it threw me off so bad I figured my chances were better off with me bowling like I normally do. Thanks for your input and I will get more videos Tuesday.

Sorry I'm late getting back on here. Been a busy week. Anyway I changed my approach. It has helped a little but I'm still getting use to it. I uploaded some more videos my wife took of my tonight. A couple she forgot to turn her phone. Any suggestions on my next step to improve my game. I really appreciate all y'all's help.

http://youtu.be/sFYt5EnJ514

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12