Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Which ball, plz?

Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Shaneshu87 View Post
    its ok i am a ver low rev low angle roller, basicaly stragiht up the 5 board, it is usually my end of the 3rd game ball when the lanes are most dry
    Thanks. Hmmm... sooo... if you're a bowler like me, what ball(s) do you find work(s) well for you?

i have always liked the raw hammer line they tend to roll earlier and for someone that plays up the 5 it helps allot with continuation through the deck, i have also had success with the old widow line with a snappy drill, i found my self actually playing more angular with the widow series and i liked that, currently in my bag i have the raw hammer jacked, the TNBA Swagga (widow core), and the cold blood and i love the roll of all of these balls

Ringer
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 1

Default RV Bowling Ball Recommendation

RV,

In my opinion I would focus more on the actual cover of the ball rather than the core of it. When you are looking at getting a freeze; are we talking about a Freeze solid, Freeze Hybrid, or Freeze Pearl? Basically the way I would describe it is that as follows (by using the Freeze as an example):

• Freeze Solid: Starts hooking earlier, won't hook as much on the back
    • Freeze Hybrid: A blend between the two, but will still be aggressive on the backend
    • Freeze Pearl: Will conserve most of it's energy on the backends, may be hard to control but likely will not hook too early

Since you have a slower ball speed I would personally avoid a solid cover and stick with a hybrid or a polish. If the ball goes too far down the lane before it hooks you can always buff away the polish with an Abralon pad or sandpaper.

Quote Originally Posted by ALazySavage View Post
    RV,

In my opinion I would focus more on the actual cover of the ball rather than the core of it. When you are looking at getting a freeze; are we talking about a Freeze solid, Freeze Hybrid, or Freeze Pearl? Basically the way I would describe it is that as follows (by using the Freeze as an example):

• Freeze Solid: Starts hooking earlier, won't hook as much on the back
    • Freeze Hybrid: A blend between the two, but will still be aggressive on the backend
    • Freeze Pearl: Will conserve most of it's energy on the backends, may be hard to control but likely will not hook too early

Since you have a slower ball speed I would personally avoid a solid cover and stick with a hybrid or a polish. If the ball goes too far down the lane before it hooks you can always buff away the polish with an Abralon pad or sandpaper.
    Thanks! I was actually considering a Freeze pearl. You've confirmed for me that my thought process is right on this issue. I want a cover that will get further down the lane before hooking, due to slow ball speed. That's why I was considering the Tropical Breeze. BUT, don't I still want the good core? I certainly don't want a simple pancake if I'm trying to nurse a developing hook, right? But I think what I'm reading from you is that, at this point in the game, coverstock and not core is the priority?

Another point: I thought I'd like a ball with a nice arc, rather than one with an angular back end, because I thought it would match the stroker/slow ball speed style. But I read you as saying that I don't want the ball to begin hooking early. Does that necessarily mean, then, that I need a more angular hook on the back end?

Ringer
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 1

You can still get a ball with a nice arc that has a polished surface (as long as it is drilled that way, you just need to talk to the pro shop guy about that), I would advise staying away from solid surfaces if you have significant ball speed issues. Both the Freeze and Tropical Breeze has symmetrical cores so they shouldn't scream off the back ends, don't think you can make a bad choice. But most importantly,have the driller watch you throw a few shots and they can probably give you the best advice.

Quote Originally Posted by ALazySavage View Post
    You can still get a ball with a nice arc that has a polished surface (as long as it is drilled that way, you just need to talk to the pro shop guy about that), I would advise staying away from solid surfaces if you have significant ball speed issues. Both the Freeze and Tropical Breeze has symmetrical cores so they shouldn't scream off the back ends, don't think you can make a bad choice. But most importantly,have the driller watch you throw a few shots and they can probably give you the best advice.
    thanks for the help!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123