Thread: Hello From Upstate NY

Default Hello From Upstate NY

Hello. I am still pretty new here. Some people may have seen some of my posts on other threads. I am 29 yrs old from upstate NY and started bowling on my first league when I was 10. I took a 10 year hiatus from bowling starting around the age of 19. I just starting going to the lanes again and felt right back at home. Got my girlfriend who never bowled involved too. When I came upon this site I figured I could get some good hits and tips from it. So far I have been right and already learned a few things. I held a 188 average when I was younger and since I started again it seams I only lost a few pins. I have a 15# Brunswick Command Zone ARC which is my favorite ball. I bowled a 298 with it during league play and even won a local youth tournament with it. Sadly it is very old and I have on going injuries that made me have to drop down in weight so I am retiring it and I went with a 14# Hammer Arson. First few times I went out I was having some difficulties with it but it is coming around now and I cant wait to join a fall league or two. If I can get my girlfriend to join otherwise I will just join a men's league. Well that is my introduction, see everyone on the threads.

Welcome. I took a a few years off due to injury myself, it's a little tuff getting back to form. But stick with it, no one ever bowls a 298 on luck alone.

Thanks... Yeah I try to bowl once a week to get rid of the rust. Just this last week I bowled a 200 and a 192 which is just above my old average.