c) Ball Speed: 17mph off hand
    d) Rev rate: Low/Medium rev’s (250rpm)
    e) Positive Axis Point (PAP):5 7/8"> 5/8"^
    f) About 13 degree axis tilt

6) Lanes
    a) Type of lanes (synthetic) Brunswick Pro Anvil
    b) Oil pattern Information (Typical House Shot “THS”) Length 41 ft

7) Ball Reaction Characteristics
    The Dude has a good smooth reaction, vary controllable. It's clean through the heads, with a nice strong continuous roll. Not a heavy oil ball, it can push a little far on the fresh (depending on the volume you have). It Takes surface changes well, good recovery from the outside and hold in the middle.

A good house shot ball, it doesn't over react when it sees friction. I can easily use it for 3 games during league, It's the first ball out of the bag. It's a good all around ball with a predicable motion and strong when it needs to be.

It would make a good first ball for a beginner or a good benchmark ball.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Just out of curiosity, how did you come up with the layout? It seems like at 17 mph and a 250 rev rate, you could use a smaller drilling angle, and a smaller pin to PAP distance to play a little bit more in the oil. Again, just curious.

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Quote Originally Posted by RobLV1 View Post
    Just out of curiosity, how did you come up with the layout? It seems like at 17 mph and a 250 rev rate, you could use a smaller drilling angle, and a smaller pin to PAP distance to play a little bit more in the oil. Again, just curious.
    Well if I had more oil to start with, I probably could have used a different layout. But I also have the Beatdown I could use if needed.The layouts are very similar it has a slightly smaller drill angle.

But we don't have a big puddle of oil currently and they start burning up fast. With that layout I got all kinds of miss room outside and still find the pocket.

Plus I have lot of hold in the middle. I start out shooting 2nd arrow and as the night goes on I don't have to move a lot. I've been moving left a couple of boards and shooting about 13 and it's been working pretty good and I can camp out outside pretty much.

Not the best graphic, but this is about where I've been playing with the dude.
    Red is at the start, green by about 3rd game.
    Last edited by bowl1820; 04-14-2014 at 10:47 AM.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

I think this is my next ball. My league conditions are medium-heavy and my mastermind is great for the beginning, but after about game two I have to move farther inside than I want. I bought a Genius to try to make the transition with, but thus far it has not been successful. I think I need something with a smoother overall motion, and the Dude is one I want to try out for sure.