Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Contest Apr 14, 2014 to Apr 20, 2014 - Roto Grip Asylum

Blog Entries
    Chats: 2643

Quote Originally Posted by Aslan View Post
    You are all far too kind!

Yes…I have finally won something!! It's been awhile.

As classygranny eluded to….I now am faced with a dilemma.

Do I have it shipped here to go to the back of the line in my closet? Currently there are 9 balls ahead of it lobbying for a place in my future ARSEnal.

Or by winning it, am I abliged to actually get it drilled and use it?

And where will it fit in my "arsenal"??? It seems like a good replacement for the recently retired Frantic.

And what am I going to tell the poor 900Global Bullet Train that was waiting patiently to be the next symmetric ball, replacing the Frantic?? The Bullet Train will be sad…and maybe crack in half on my closet shelf…scaring me in the middle of the night!

It's a conundrum for sure. I DO feel somewhat obligated to throw it given I'm assuming thats part of the deal. Or does bowling boards .com not give a hoot if it goes into the closet of purgatory??

I am conversing with the almighty site administrator presently…via PM. I'm looking into my options of having them drill it before sending it to me. I figure if they drill it before shipping it…I'll be far more inclined to use it. But I gotta see how their $40 deal works where I send them a ball, they copy the hand measurements/spacing…then drill the ball to fit and send both balls back. They say they also will re-surface the ball I send them. But neither of the balls I have need re-surfacing. So if I gotta pay $25 to ship the ball to them, then $40 (+ finger inserts) essentially for the drilling and to have both balls shipped back to me…might be more economical to just have them ship it and have it drilled myself here.

I'll get it all worked out. Maybe since it's just hand measurements they need (because I already know the style of drilling I want)…I can get those off my current ball with measuring tape or something. I know with tri-grip there are different "pitches"…but with most drillings I believe those are somewhat standard right?
    \\

IF YOU SEND THEM A BALL with the Tri-Grip, will they duplicate that layout?? IF SO, that would be a good deal! Remember it has different pitches ect ect... I might be interested in buying some balls from them if they do copy Tri-Grips! Let me know what they say, (if you would)!! Cong rat's! lol

Also do they do the Vise grip thumb inserts and finger inserts along with the Tri-Grip! That is how I have all my balls finished. If so, how much for the whole ball of wax?
    Last edited by MICHAEL; 04-26-2014 at 10:16 AM.
    Don't walk on Thin Ice!

Banned
    Chats: 68

Quote Originally Posted by MICHAEL View Post
    \\

IF YOU SEND THEM A BALL with the Tri-Grip, will they duplicate that layout?? IF SO, that would be a good deal! Remember it has different pitches ect ect... I might be interested in buying some balls from them if they do copy Tri-Grips! Let me know what they say, (if you would)!! Cong rat's! lol

Also do they do the Vise grip thumb inserts and finger inserts along with the Tri-Grip! That is how I have all my balls finished. If so, how much for the whole ball of wax?
    Copying a Tri-Grip is easy.

They don't even have to know it was a Tri-Grip to begin with.

It's just hole sizes, pitches, and spans.

Easy to measure, easy to duplicate.

Without the copyright material, it's not so easy to get from the bowlers hand, to the exact Tri-Grip specs.

In the IBPSIA class I attended, the standard way of drilling produced finger pitches within 1/8" of those from the Tri-Grip.

The thumb pitch however is significantly different.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456