Thread: storm

Chats: 0

Default storm

i need a ball for dry lane conditions... I would prefer storm anybody have an idea of which ball i should get? im wanting a ball that can handle the revs i put on it but be more controllable for the 10 pin and small splits

I used to love Storm products - I used a Banshee and Tropical Storm for good revs when needed but could get the 10 pin easily with a decent flat wrist.

My current coach and friend hates storm due to it's carry, he proved the point to me one evening using my own equipment and he used them. I'm now Visionary, but can't seem to push my Ebonite GameBreaker aside either......
    Visionary Bowling Staff Representative &
    Member of BowlingBoards.com Bowling Forums

If you are not using a spare ball, have you tried to use a kill shot? I have used several methods at pins in the right corner. I put my ring finger and pinkie in the ball and that kills the roll and also just flattening the wrist seems to keep the ball straight.
    I don't use a spare ball (too cheap I guess), and also it is a pain to carry around.

Quote Originally Posted by jaws1945 View Post
    I put my ring finger and pinkie in the ball and that kills the roll and also just flattening the wrist seems to keep the ball straight.

This is one of the best ways to do it, but less used. I did this for 6 months then I switched back to my normal fingers and I'm around 90% on my 10 pins. When I was using the pinky, I was 96% over 6 months. I do track attempts vs conversions to see the statistical improvements.

Single pins used to make or break a series for me, now they are mostly a nuisance. I still miss them, but mostly from not focusing or taking it for granted. But it's never by much when I miss.
    Visionary Bowling Staff Representative &
    Member of BowlingBoards.com Bowling Forums

Chats: 221

I would consider a Natural as it is urethane with a core. The Tropicals have too much coverstock reaction on dry.
    Still love the game but had to quit because of my left leg amptation
    High game 299 x 5 High sanctioned series 805 (1989)