Thread: new in town

Default new in town

hello all i'm new to the boards here, been a bowler most my life but took the last 2 years off to get sober, i used to believe i couldn't bowl sober lol i rolled 2 300's with no memory of the games... so i took time off to get sober and now have started to roll again and i realized that when i was drunk that it was my muscle memory taking over that helped cause after 2 years away my first game on the lane was 279 lol shot a 694. recently a friend invited me to bowl in a PBA sport league in Terre Haute, IN, getting excited for this. i'm a low rev low angle roller so far my favorite ball has always been hammer and i have always used the widows in the past but currently my go to is the raw hammer jacked, soon to be adding the First Blood and Deadly Aim.

That's good that you got sober. I would be worried that I would fall flat on my face bowling drunk.

Chats: 1

Welcome grats on getting sober that's great they you got back into bowling.

Blog Entries
    Chats: 0

Great news on sober, and I think great choices on the balls.

Jeral

Jerry 'Jeral999ok' - USBC #8738-16145 - Current Arsenal 14lbs: 1st: Brunswick Mastermind Genius, Aura (org), Hammer Purple Taboo, Blue/Silver Taboo, Brunswick Maxxed Out, Brunswick Meanstreak Brawler, 900 Global Hook Pearl, Spare: Dv8 Zombie - Current Averages: 187 in Sheridan, 182 Traveling League.

Quote Originally Posted by jnv32185 View Post
    That's good that you got sober. I would be worried that I would fall flat on my face bowling drunk.
    there is a video that one of my friends have at the Illinois state tournament where i was so drunk from the night before that i managed to fall on my butt durring my approach, dropped and magically somehow got a strike! after finishing the game the officials decided that i needed to leave and they bowled me blind for the rest of the morning i did go back later (after leaving the bar!) and placed good enough for money in the singles lol

Quote Originally Posted by Jeral999ok View Post
    Great news on sober, and I think great choices on the balls.

Jeral
    thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Jaescrub View Post
    Welcome grats on getting sober that's great they you got back into bowling.
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shaneshu87 View Post
    there is a video that one of my friends have at the Illinois state tournament where i was so drunk from the night before that i managed to fall on my butt durring my approach, dropped and magically somehow got a strike!
    LMAO that must be a great video. You should post it one day.

Quote Originally Posted by jnv32185 View Post
    LMAO that must be a great video. You should post it one day.
    it would be a matter of finding it that was about 5 years ago you know how technology changes lol, i know he shot it on his phone but how many phones can i guy have in 5 years....

Welcome. Glad to hear you're back on the right track.