Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: #BowlerOnABudget cheap trick to "bake" your ball

Default #BowlerOnABudget cheap trick to "bake" your ball

so i saw this video on a facebook feed yesterday and i thought it would be easy, cheap, and effective. before you laugh and ridicule (like i did at first) check out the video and let me know what you think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CX_aI0-wGdo

(this is not my video) for some reason i cannot get mine to load. but this is what i have done and while it is not as fast as using your actual oven (my wife hates that) or as fast as hot water bathing, this is cheap and effective. since most hair dryers do not have a setting to controll exact heat i found myself flipping from Medium - high temp allot just to keep the air inside at or around 140.

Chats: 0

Does something like this actually work ? Is it even close to what a pro shop can do ?
    Hammer Purple Urethane. Storm Surge Hybrid, Storm Pitch Purple, Roto Grip Hyper Cell.
    2 Storm Surge Pearl 4x4x2 and a no flare, ,Roto Grip Hot Cell, Roto Grip Haywire.
    2020/2021, Hi Average 219, Hi Game 289, Hi Series 771, 30 Clean 4, 700 Series 16.
    2021/2022, Hi Average 211, Hi Game 256 Hi Series 693, 30 Clean 0, 700 Series 0.
    Proud member of Bowlingboards.com Since 2013.

Banned
    Chats: 68

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksox1 View Post
    Does something like this actually work ? Is it even close to what a pro shop can do ?
    Without seeing inside, I can't be sure, but it looks very similar to Innovative's Personal De-Oiler in concept.

I just wonder the rate at which is uses electricity compared to the De-Oiler.

Not only that but hair dryers don't last that long. anybody married to a woman knows this too be true....
    BowlingVids.com -- USBC Tennessee (2204-27181) California (222-32895)

IndexGenie.com -- In The Bag --> Roto Grip Wrecker - Roto Grip Hyper Cell - Storm Polar Ice Hybrid

Blog Entries
    Chats: 2643

Default POOR MAN's

I like..... LOL.... LMAO!!! I see no reason why it wouldn't work! Just a little more labor intensive,,,, you would need to stay there watching the temperature, turning the heat up and down! Mine cost just under one hundred bucks,,, (food dehydrator). This method you could probably like he mentions up to 3 balls, at one time. SWEET!!! HIS cost,,,, Nothing to speak of at all!! I wonder how long the boxes last?? I would think that the oil vapors would gradually take a toll on the integrity of the box! LOL
    Don't walk on Thin Ice!

Chats: 204

I bought a 5-7 tray food dehydrator. Put two trays in it, set the ball on the center, and place a 5-gallon metal pail over the top. Pail fits perfectly inside the trays. I leave it on there for 25-55 minutes and WOW does the oil come out!

The only downside is when I try to wipe the oil off...I can't tell how much is being wiped off (absorbed by the towel) and how much is just being rubbed back into the ball. But it's cheap and less of a pain than putting them in hot, soapy bathwater. And you can get a 7-tray food dehydrator on Ebay of $30-$75....and use it to dehydrate food if you're into that kinda thing.

Chats: 5

Can you give an example, the ones im looking for doesnt seem like it'll fit a ball..

Quote Originally Posted by Wigman View Post
    Can you give an example, the ones im looking for doesnt seem like it'll fit a ball..
    http://www.bowlingboards.com/threads...ood+dehydrator
    BowlingVids.com -- USBC Tennessee (2204-27181) California (222-32895)

IndexGenie.com -- In The Bag --> Roto Grip Wrecker - Roto Grip Hyper Cell - Storm Polar Ice Hybrid

Chats: 5

Ah these? I did see those, but was pretty skeptical that it'll fit a ball, guess i may give it a try. thanks for the link

Ringer
    Chats: 35

Quote Originally Posted by Wigman View Post
    Here you go: http://www.bowlingboards.com/threads...ght=dehydrator

I'm gonna give this a shot soon

EDIT: Looks like circlecity beat me to it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast