Thread: Personal High For Me

Default Personal High For Me

Prior to March I had been bowling on and off for 10 years using a Brunswick Zone ball with a conventional grip. I had picked up a few 200+ games here and there. But nothing very consistent until February of this year. That's when I bowled at least one 200 game in each day that I bowled in a 2 week span (bowled 3 different days with in each of those days).

Fast forward to March of this year when I saw and instantly fell in love with the Hammer Black Widow Assassin. The pro shop at the alley I was at had a good price on it and it included free drilling, free finger grips, a thumb insert, and one free lesson. Talk about a good deal! The pro shop owner convinced me that I should switch to finger tip drilling even though I didn't want to but I'm glad he did.

Through out all of March, my bowling had been poor as I adjusted to the finger tip bowling style. But all that hard work and practicing finally started to pay off in April. Since April I bowled my highest game ever in a 245, a 233, and a handful of other 200s. My average has gone up by 30 pins to around 175 but I feel like it's only a matter of time before even my average goes up.

Nice work, sounds like you are starting to figure things out!

Awesome - sounds like you are on the right track

Default my personal high as well (back 2 back) weeks

Quote Originally Posted by Sourtower View Post
    Prior to March I had been bowling on and off for 10 years using a Brunswick Zone ball with a conventional grip. I had picked up a few 200+ games here and there. But nothing very consistent until February of this year. That's when I bowled at least one 200 game in each day that I bowled in a 2 week span (bowled 3 different days with in each of those days).

Fast forward to March of this year when I saw and instantly fell in love with the Hammer Black Widow Assassin. The pro shop at the alley I was at had a good price on it and it included free drilling, free finger grips, a thumb insert, and one free lesson. Talk about a good deal! The pro shop owner convinced me that I should switch to finger tip drilling even though I didn't want to but I'm glad he did.

Through out all of March, my bowling had been poor as I adjusted to the finger tip bowling style. But all that hard work and practicing finally started to pay off in April. Since April I bowled my highest game ever in a 245, a 233, and a handful of other 200s. My average has gone up by 30 pins to around 175 but I feel like it's only a matter of time before even my average goes up.
    I was throwing my track MX-10 with both sets.
    congrats on yours too.
    4-29-2014-200-299-221-720
    5-6-2014-224-300-206-730
    Last edited by 11 in a row; 05-09-2014 at 11:13 AM.

Chats: 10

WOW! Great bowling! Moving up from a plastic ball to a reactive ball will make the difference. I can't imagine bowling without a finger tip grip! Keep up the great work!

Chats: 32

Congrats that's some good bowling keep it up
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone