Thread: Motiv Covert Revolt

Default Motiv Covert Revolt

Rev Rate:420
    Axis Tilt:20
    Axis Rotation: 45
    Ball Speed:17
    PAP Measurements: 4 1/8

Layout: https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.n...13685979_n.jpg

Description: The Covert Revolt features the Turmoil High Friction Surface cover stock and the Vanquish core, combining these two elements enables the Covert Revolt to assault its prey with a strong motion and undeniable continuation. The new Vanquish core produces an explosive 2.47 RG to increase rev potential and .056 differential for aggressive track flare.

Out of box surface: 3000 grit sanded

Reaction: Based off of the layout I put in this ball the Revolt gave me what I call rolling length. I never saw any skid out of this ball just a lot of roll, this is the benchmark ball in my bag. If I need to know what the pattern is going to give me the first ball out of my bag is the Revolt. It reminds me of a cleaner TR2 because it’s an absolute work horse in the oil, the difference being the color of course. The Revolt just strong throughout the entire lane with no layoff anywhere.

Conditions

THS (38 feet): Housing myself in the usual area standing 25 targeting 15 I saw the Revolt roll through the heads cleanly and roll into the 1-3. I never moved the entire night of league which is rare because it’s normally a slight move left with my feet, with the Revolt it was a matter of moving my eyes right.

Shark Pattern (44 feet): On the heavy patterns this ball shows you what it can really do. Standing 10 and targeting 10 I was able to play for two sets of 3 games. Don’t let the 3000 surface fool you because it can and will roll through the oil. The Revolt was made for patterns like this when you want to see the ball start up start sooner in the front part of the but still maintain a controllable ball motion.

Summary: The Covert Revolts best asset is its controllable hook, definitely an ideal choice for heavier volumes of oil. I tested sanding the Covert Revolt down to 800 and not only did it retain its length it did roll that much harder off the pattern. In most cases you would see a bowling ball roll out but this was not the case. In comparison to my TR2 and Talon the Covert Revolt still lets me play the same areas as the others the difference being the ball motion is self, whereas the TR2 and Talon are heavy rolling and lazy for me the Covert Revolt is not. I can cover more boards with the Revolt preferred to the TR2 and Talon. As I do with every MOTIV ball I encourage you to give this ball a look because I promise you it’s worth your time ,after all what is more revolting than putting up honor scores at the expense of your opponents?

K.C.White II
    MOTIV Staff
    www.motivbowling.com

Motiv Staffer, Right handed, higher speed, higher rev rate.

Layout: 70x4 3/4x 65 (pin below bridge cg kicked roughly 35deg from centerline)

X-hole: 1" down VAL

PAP: 5 over 1 up

The Covert Revolt is by far the strongest midlane ball I have in my arsenal. It thrives for oil yet, isn't one of those "one and done" balls. I have found this ball to read sooner but still continue on the backend. This ball splits the 8/9 from everywhere. Theres no deflection when it goes through the pins, it continues. How often do you find that? It's not dead on arrival like most balls that read midlane so well. With that being said, i am still able to throw this ball for all three league games without worrying about those flat tens. This is a MUST have bowling ball. If you need something that hooks, you will not be disappointed