Rev Rate:420
Axis Tilt:20
Axis Rotation: 45
Ball Speed:17
PAP Measurements: 4 1/8

Layout: 4 x 4 1/2 (no weight hole)

Description: Venom Strike, Venom Toxin, and now Venom Shock! The 3rd coming of the Venom series is here armed with the new Turmoil Medium Friction Surface coverstock which is a modified version of the Turmoil High Friction Surface coverstock on the Covert Revolt. It’s no Shock that at the core of this gem is the Gear core.

Out of box surface: 4000 grit sanded

Reaction: Shockingly clean and predictable. I expected a nice easy arc with a moderate backend motion, and that’s exactly what I got. I really like how it doesn’t come screaming back in the friction, mild and moderate all the way down lane.

Conditions

THS (40 feet): The Venom Shock has allowed me to play straighter angles the entire night of league, standing ten and playing down five the Venom Shock has allowed hang glided through the heads and made a solid controllable move upon reaching the backend. I was pleased that I was able to play right the entire night not moving left unless I chose to.

Viper Pattern (37 feet): I stood left with the Venom Shock and it still retained enough energy at the spot to make a smooth motion towards the pocket with good continuation. The Shock is very smooth down lane making it ideal for high friction patterns.

Summary: The Venom Shock is definitely Motiv’s smoothest pieces to date, this is a ball that will see action when the lanes transition or when the lanes start out with a lot of friction. As smooth as the Tribal is the ball is without a doubt smoother but packs a healthy punch upon impact. I encourage you treat yourself to some Shock therapy, your game will thank you for it.

K.C.White II
MOTIV Staff
www.motivbowling.com