Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How many Fall Leagues do you bowl, as a full time member?

Chats: 0

Default How many Fall Leagues do you bowl, as a full time member?

I have bowled one league for the last fifteen years. Next fall season, I am wanting to bowl two ! Thursday nights and adding a Monday afternoon league. Thursday has 26 teams and Monday has 20. For the most part, it is a completely different group of people. I think it would be great fun to bowl with unknown competitors !
    Hammer Purple Urethane. Storm Surge Hybrid, Storm Pitch Purple, Roto Grip Hyper Cell.
    2 Storm Surge Pearl 4x4x2 and a no flare, ,Roto Grip Hot Cell, Roto Grip Haywire.
    2020/2021, Hi Average 219, Hi Game 289, Hi Series 771, 30 Clean 4, 700 Series 16.
    2021/2022, Hi Average 211, Hi Game 256 Hi Series 693, 30 Clean 0, 700 Series 0.
    Proud member of Bowlingboards.com Since 2013.

Banned
    Chats: 68

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksox1 View Post
    I have bowled one league for the last fifteen years. Next fall season, I am wanting to bowl two ! Thursday nights and adding a Monday afternoon league. Thursday has 26 teams and Monday has 20. For the most part, it is a completely different group of people. I think it would be great fun to bowl with unknown competitors !
    At my peak I bowled in 6 leagues, on 5 nights.

Now I'm down to 2.

Chats: 5

I'm a League bowler-first-timer and i bowled 2 fall-winter leagues, a men's only league and a mixed league, awesomely cool people in both leagues, no drama or any of bring bad to bowling B.S.

gonna bowl 2 leagues again next season hopefully the same nights wed/thurs. We originally didn't want to bowl thursday and sundays, but the thursday mixed was only one available, so we signed up and never looked back, ended up having cool folks there. Also we were avoiding sundays n mondays and the weekend cuz 2 others and myself love to watch football on those days.

My only regret is having to bowl 2 nights in a row, was hell on my wrist, but after a while my wrist got stronger and toughed it out. Would have been nice to have a 24 hour recovery period, but i just live to bowl i guess.

Chats: 55

I've bowled two for quite a few years now, all year round. Monday nights - mixed, 5 man team, a bit more competitive yet lower average teams do well. Friday mornings - mixed, 4 person team, a bit more relaxed - and most of the people are older, lots of fun. This leaves me Wednesdays to practice (time permitting) so I'm not bowling days in a row. I would probably think about one more, if the cost was more reasonable.
    Proud member of bowlingboards.com bowling forums & winner of bowling ball give-away!
    High Series - 704; High Game - 290 (a long time ago) Current Average - 150

Chats: 204

One

Would like to do 2; but too many hobbies and other responsibilities.
    In Bag: (: .) 900 Global Zen Master; (: .) Brunswick Perfect Mindset; (: .) Brunswick Endeavor; (: .) Radical Outer Limits Pearl; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    USBC#: 8259-59071; USBC Sanctioned Average = 196; Lifetime Average = 171;
    Ball Speed: 14.5mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 185

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

Chats: 39

I bowl in two....the company league I'm in since 2007-2008 and the city league that I joined at the end of the 2011-2012 season. I don't do any summer leagues or anything because I already have to hear my wife complain enough about the first two leagues
    Company League Average: 198.1
    City League Average: 186.5
    WTBA Sport pattern League Average: 172.9
    Current Arsenal: Roto Grip Nomad Pearl, Wrecker, and Hyper Cell; Track 920A and 505A; Storm Tropical Breeze; Plastic Spare Ball

I am currently bowling in three winter leagues: Travel League (four man teams rotate among six different centers) Mondays at 12:30, almost scratch Doubles League with my wife at noon on Wednesdays, and almost scratch trios at noon on Thursdays. All are senior leagues. Next year I will probably stick with the same schedule, though I may add a non-senior competitive league at night if I can find a good one that works with my schedule. God, I love retirement!

Chats: 256

I currently bowl in 2. Tuesdays with a couple guys on our tournament team (local and Nationals) and Thursday my fun league that I have been bowling in since got back into bowling 7-8 years ago. Would like to add another, but don't think the wife would like and my busy work schedule wouldn't like it either. They already are fine with me leaving early Tuesday and Thursdays.
    High Sanctioned Scratch Game - 300(12) Hi Sanctioned Scratch Series - 822(3)
    2016/17 Book Average=221, 2017/18 Composite Average=223
    Equipment in the bag - Storm Crux Prime, Storm Physix, Roto Grip Idol, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused, Storm Sure Lock, Storm Drive, Roto Grip Winner Solid, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Fever Pitch, Roto Grip Red ball spare.

Rev Rate 400. Speed 18 at heads, 16.5-17 at pins. Axis tilt 10, Axis Rotation 55. PAP 5 5/8 x 5/8 up

Three Tues, Wed, and Fri.
    USBC #9327-540
    In the Bag:
    Storm IQ Tour Fusion, Brunswick Mastermind Genisu, Roto Grip Asylum and Ebonite Maxim
    Final Book Averages for Fall:192 Current averages in Summer: PBA 182, Tuesday 202, Thursday 205

Two, a more competitive mens' on Tuesday (was sort-of-part time this year, but only missed about 1/4 of the weeks) and a relaxed mixed league on Thursdays. I'd probably ideally like to do another but my fiancee thinks I bowl too much already Also, not sure when that would happen. Like Aslan said, lots of other things to do - lucky to get in practice on weekends once or twice a month.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast