Quote Originally Posted by classygranny View Post
    Here are my picks

AMF Christown
    AMF Deer Valley
    AMF Desert Hills
    AMF Union Hills
    Let It Roll Bowl
    Brunswick Via Linda
    Are you sure?? I thought there was an issue with Desert Hills...hours or something? I have it crossed out on my list....I'm assuming because it doesn't open till 4PM or something like that.

BTW- Thanks Aslan, this listing stuff appears to have been lots and lots of work. I know we like to pick on you, but you have to realize we do it because you take it so well and we like you. Keep up the good work!
    Opinions vary. But thank you. Yes, it was a lot of work. But, in fairness, it was made more complicated because I decided to make it more complicated...so in essence it was my own fault. I shoulda never done a 90-mile radius or shoulda went with this type of arrangement when it was originally proposed.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksox1 View Post
    Props to Aslan and his 6 center idea. Participation will be greater for it, now and in the future !
    In fairness, that was Mudpuppy's idea. My response to people not liking the old system woulda been "go scratch"...but Mudpuppy is encouraging me to be less of a ***hole and a kinder, gentler Tour Director.

Chats: 204

For our California and Oklahoma contingent:

The way this will work under the new system (for physical pairings):

Oklahoma:
    I will draw a center for tcc and for Jeral. If it's the same center, thats where they bowl. If it's 2 different centers, they have to pick one and bowl there.

California:
    - I will draw a center for each person.
    - If your partner you're paired with and you both get the same center...thats where you both bowl.
    - If you and your partner get different centers but BOTH are on your lists...you get to choose. If you can't agree, tie goes to Bunny (the lady card). If it's the other physical pairing (that has no lady), tie goes to the center midway midway between.

Example:
    - Bunny draws AMF Carter; paired with Aslan; draws Concourse. They agree or if NOT...Bunny wins, they bowl AMF Carter.
    - MWhite draws Arlington, ZDawg draws San Diego Bowl....greater than 45 miles...bowling together is OPTIONAL.
    - OR Mwhite draws Cal Oaks Bowl; Zdawg draws San Diego....they bowl Cal Oaks (it's midway between them). If ZDawg had drawn Cal Oaks and MWhite drawn Arlington...it would be Cal Oaks (it's midway between them). Also realize, this is the only way you'll bowl a center more than ONCE between now and October. I will only draw a center PER PERSON once....but if it's on your physical partner's list...even if you already drew it on your list...it's still a valid place to bowl. Thats a "slight" advantage to the person that might get to bowl the same place twice...but it makes up for the physical pairing thing being kind've a hassle.

- IF you get centers drawn NOT on each other's lists....then physical pairing is optional.

Example:
    - Bunny draws Linbrook, Aslan draws Titan Bowl....Bunny doesn't have Titan Bowl on her list...Aslan doesn't have Linbrook...so a physical meeting is optional. (I would likely go bowl at Linbrook)
    - ZDawg draws Temecula Lanes; MWhite draws Norco....EVEN THOUGH Temecula Lanes is midway between them...bowling together is OPTIONAL because Norco isn't on ZDawg's list and Temecula Lanes sure as HECK isn't going to be on MWhite's list.

However, I ask that you try to bowl together if you CAN. Don't intentionally pick centers as far away from others as possible so you'll never have to get paired. And if you have the OPTION...and the center is not a huge inconvenience....give it a shot!! Most centers that MWhite or Bunny picks....I'll have no problem going to. And if ZDawg has any on his list that are a reasonable driving distance...I'll make the trip. I still think there's value in the physical pairing when possible.

Any questions...go ahead and ask them over on the other "Virtual Tour" discussion thread.
    Last edited by Aslan; 04-23-2014 at 07:47 PM.
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Pyramid Force Pearl; (: .) Brunswick Rhino Gold; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    USBC#: 8259-59071; USBC Sanctioned Average = 185; Lifetime Average = 171;
    Ball Speed: 15.5mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

Quote Originally Posted by Aslan View Post
    I guess you can pick more than 6 if you want to....theres no advantage to it...but just so everyone knows...you only need to pick 6 and the 6 can or doesn't have to include your home centers.
    I only drew 6...but the ones that "almost" made the cut were:

4 Forest Lanes- Bowled OCUSBC BVL Tournament there and did quite well.
    6 Irvine Lanes- Bowled there once and did well.
    7 La Habra 300 Bowl- Nearby/On the way home from work and has a good reputation.
    9 Saddleback Lanes- OC averages (OCUSBC Book) are consistently higher from this center. Was tempted to add it as an "easier center".
    44 Cal Oaks Bowl- Just as equidistant to ZDawg as Temecula Lanes; probably better lane conditions though.
    58 AMF Riverside Lanes- Nearby...but the heaviest oil of anywhere outside Vegas. Couldn't risk having this AND AMF Carter on my list....not good conditions for me to score.
    Last edited by Aslan; 04-23-2014 at 08:01 PM.

Chats: 55

Are you sure?? I thought there was an issue with Desert Hills...hours or something? I have it crossed out on my list....I'm assuming because it doesn't open till 4PM or something like that.
    The website says they open at noon on Mon, Thurs and 2 on Fridays. I'm in that area a few times a week, so I think it's manageable. Unless of course, they change their hours in the summer. It's easier to try, than going to the East Valley with the traffic issue.
    Proud member of bowlingboards.com bowling forums & winner of bowling ball give-away!
    High Series - 704; High Game - 290 (a long time ago) Current Average - 150

Banned
    Chats: 68

37 Arlington Lanes
    43 Classic Lanes
    44 Deer Creek Lanes
    46 Empire Bowl
    48 Foothill Lanes
    50 Moreno Valley Bowl
    59 Upland Bowl
    Last edited by Mike White; 04-24-2014 at 02:42 AM.

Jeral999ok

1 AMF Sheridan Lanes
    2 Andy B's Family Entertainment Center
    3 Broken Arrow Lanes
    4 Fast Lanes
    5 Frontier Bowl, Cushing OK
    6 Frontier Lanes, Stillwater OK
    7 Green Country Lanes
    8 Main Street Bowl
    9 Phillips 66
    10 Pryor Lanes
    11 Red Apple Sports Center
    12 Sahoma Lanes
    13 Strikes Family Fun Center
    14 The Lanes at Coffee Creek
    15 Thunder Bowl
    16 Wagoner Bowl

NOTE: Same list as tccstudent. You 2 will be bowling together each month so you can both have the same list or expand your choices by selecting different lists.
    Pryor Lanes is shut down
    I would delete Wagoner Bowl too due the screwed up hours and the inability to get them to answer the phone.
    Which Thunder Bowl do you have listed the one in Claremore cause it is shut down too
    I don't know anything about: Fast Lanes, Main Street Bowl, Phillips 66, Red Apple Sports Center, Strikes Family Fun Center
    USBC #9327-540
    In the Bag:
    Storm IQ Tour Fusion, Brunswick Mastermind Genisu, Roto Grip Asylum and Ebonite Maxim
    Final Book Averages for Fall:192 Current averages in Summer: PBA 182, Tuesday 202, Thursday 205

Mudpuppy

1 Airport Lanes, Jackson MI
    2 Airway Lanes, Waterford MI
    3 Alley 59
    4 AMF Rose Bowl Lanes
    5 AMF Summit Lanes
    6 AMF Town & Country Lanes
    7 Apollo Lanes
    8 Astro Lanes
    9 B's Bowling Center
    10 Beech Lanes
    11 Bel Mar II Lanes
    12 Bel-Mark Lanes
    13 Belmar Lanes
    14 Biddie Bowl
    15 Blue Water Bowl
    16 Bonanza Lanes
    17 Bowl O Drome Lanes
    18 Bowl One Lanes
    19 Bowl-E-Drome
    20 Bowlero Lanes
    21 Bowling IQ
    22 Brighton Bowl
    23 Bronco Lanes
    24 Brooklyn Lanes
    25 Capital Bowl
    26 Cedar Lanes
    27 Century Bowl
    28 Chelsea Lanes
    29 Cherry Hill Lanes
    30 Cherry Hill Lanes North
    31 City Limits Bowling Center
    32 City Limits East
    33 Classic Lanes
    34 Clio Lanes
    35 Livonia Lanes
    36 Collier Lanes
    37 Colonial Lanes, Ann Arbor MI
    38 Colonial Lanes, Flushing MI
    39 Colony Bowl
    40 Country Club of Detroit
    41 Country Lanes, Farmington MI
    42 Detroit Athletic Club
    43 Drakeshire Lanes
    44 Durand Lanes
    45 Eagle Lanes Aerie #851
    46 Fenton Lanes
    47 Fernhill Country Club
    48 Five Star Lanes
    49 Flat Rock Lanes
    50 Ford Lanes
    51 Forest View Lanes
    52 Fraser Star Lanes
    53 Galaxy Lanes
    54 Garden Bowl
    55 Gerlach's Bowling Center
    56 Grand Blanc Lanes
    57 Grosse Pointe Yacht Club
    58 Harbor Lanes
    59 Hartfield Lanes
    60 Hazel Park Bowl
    61 Hideaway Lanes
    62 Hillsdale Lanes
    63 Holly Lanes
    64 Holly Meadows
    65 Homer Lanes
    66 Hudson Lanes
    67 Imperieal Lanes
    68 Indian Lanes
    69 Lakeshore Lanes
    70 Lenawee Recreation
    71 Leslie Lanes
    72 Litchfield-Jonesville Lanes
    73 Lodge Lanes
    74 Luxury Lanes
    75 Madison Park Bowl
    76 Maplewood Lanes
    77 Marshall Lanes
    78 Mayflower Lanes
    79 Mercury Lanes
    80 Merri Bowl Lanes
    81 Monroe Sport Center
    82 Mor-N-C Lanes
    83 NIC's Bowl
    84 Nortel Lanes
    85 North Hill Lanes
    86 Novi Bowl
    87 Oak Lanes
    88 Pampa Lanes
    89 Parkway Lanes
    90 Pinz Bowling Center
    91 Plaza Lanes
    92 Plum Hollow Lanes
    93 Port Huron Lanes
    94 Premier Lanes
    95 Pro Bowl West
    96 Recreation Bowl
    97 Regal Lanes
    98 Renaissance Family Bowling Centre
    99 Rich Lanes
    100 Richfield Lanes
    101 Riverbend Bowl
    102 Rollaway Lanes
    103 Romulus Recreation
    104 Roosevelt Lanes
    105 Royal Scot Golf & Bowl
    106 Salt River Bowl
    107 Shelby Lanes
    108 Shore Lanes
    109 Skore Lanes
    110 Southwestern Edison
    111 Spare Time
    112 Sparta Lanes
    113 St. Clair River Lanes
    114 Star Lanes at Emagine
    115 Sterling Lanes
    116 Stockbridge Bowl
    117 Striker's Entertainment
    118 Striking Lanes
    119 Suburban Lanes
    120 Summit Sports Center
    121 Sunnybrook Lanes
    122 Super Bowl
    123 Taylor Lanes
    124 Ten Pin Alley
    125 Thunderbird Lanes
    126 Thunderbowl Lanes
    127 Total Sports Lanes
    128 Town & Country Lanes, Westland MI
    129 Troy Lanes
    130 Turbo 2 in 1 Research Facility
    131 Universal Lanes
    132 University Lanes
    133 Vision Lanes
    134 Al-Mar Lanes
    135 Bowlero Lanes
    136 Eastern Lanes, Northwood, OH
    137 Interstate Lanes
    138 Jugs Bowling Center
    139 Lido Lanes
    140 Miracle Lanes
    141 New Glass Bowl Lanes
    142 Rossford Lanes
    143 Southwyck Lanes
    144 The Timbers Bowling Center
    145 Toledo Sports Center
    146 Tri-County Bowl
    147 Twin Oaks Recreation
    148 20th Century Lanes, Oak Harbor OH

NOTE: Obviously take safety into account if you choose the Jackson locations.
    Wow - that is quite a list. I will need a couple of days to digest it and pick out 6. Looking for centers in relatively close distance, due to time constraints on my end, that I haven't bowled at to make it interesting for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mudpuppy View Post
    Wow - that is quite a list. I will need a couple of days to digest it and pick out 6. Looking for centers in relatively close distance, due to time constraints on my end, that I haven't bowled at to make it interesting for me.
    Yeah. You definitely have the most options.

Quote Originally Posted by tccstudent View Post
    Pryor Lanes is shut down....I don't know anything about: Fast Lanes, Main Street Bowl, Phillips 66, Red Apple Sports Center, Strikes Family Fun Center
    No need to alter the list...just pick 6 that are open and have whatever hours you like, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Mike White View Post
    37 Arlington Lanes
    43 Classic Lanes
    44 Deer Creek Lanes
    46 Empire Bowl
    48 Foothill Lanes
    50 Moreno Valley Bowl
    59 Upland Bowl
    And he tries to duck me on wood lanes by leaving off Concourse!! : ) Thats okay. Taking you down on YOUR home lanes will be FAR more satisfying!! You can't duck me forever!!

The website says they open at noon on Mon, Thurs and 2 on Fridays. I'm in that area a few times a week, so I think it's manageable. Unless of course, they change their hours in the summer. It's easier to try, than going to the East Valley with the traffic issue.
    Okay. I just for some reason had that crossed out. But if it's good, it's good.

My 6 would be
    Frontier Lanes Cushing
    Green Country
    Andy B's
    Red Apple
    Sahoma
    Broken Arrow
    USBC #9327-540
    In the Bag:
    Storm IQ Tour Fusion, Brunswick Mastermind Genisu, Roto Grip Asylum and Ebonite Maxim
    Final Book Averages for Fall:192 Current averages in Summer: PBA 182, Tuesday 202, Thursday 205

54 Garden Bowl
    122 Super Bowl
    126 Thunderbowl Lanes
    53 Galaxy Lanes
    78 Mayflower Lanes
    37 Colonial Lanes, Ann Arbor MI

Kind of going out on a limb with Garden Bowl - small house and it's smack in the middle of Detroit. Which, downtown is nice but it's Detroit so who knows. That may have to be replaced. Looking for some adventure though and to spread my horizons. Super Bowl, although close to me, I never bowl at so might as well try that. Vision Lanes I refuse to bowl at - they cannot be a USBC rated house - last time I bowled there my ball got all chewed up in their outdated ball returns. Thunderbowl is a MUST have on the list because that is where they do the PBA league and other events. I have done 9 pin no tap there but nothing else. Very nice lanes. Colonial I can bowl with my buddy Joe who lives in Ann Arbor and I am trying to get into this tournament.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast