Thread: Great tasting whiskey straight from Ireland.......

Chats: 0

Default Great tasting whiskey straight from Ireland.......

My wife recently went to Ireland with a senior group in town. They arrange trips to different places every year. I couldn't make it this time. I told my wife to pick up a bottle of Jameson Whiskey for me. She got me a 1 litre bottle of Jameson Signature Reserve Irish whiskey. I never had it before but I heard about how good it is. So I popped the cork on it and poured some in a glass with ice and Canada Dry ginger ale. Boy! is that stuff good. Jameson is not cheap from what I see in stores around here. My wife got this bottle for $40.00. I wanted to see how much that size bottle would cost here.

The bottle comes in a fancy cardboard tube with nice printing on it. I have had other whiskeys in mixed drinks but this stuff is tops. I don't know if any of you folks have tried this whiskey but it is good. My other fav is Canadian Club with 7up or ginger ale. I think the Jameson has it beat. I should try it on the rocks but only if I don't plan on going out anywhere if you know what I mean.
    Arsenal: Raw Hammer Orange/Black Hybrid 14lbs, Blue Hammer urethane 14lbs, Columbia 300 Lava Ball Plastic 14lbs, Highest scratch series 710 Bowling 38 years Never hit that 300 game. Highest game 276, had 11 strikes and one spare in the middle of that game.

Enjoy.
    I am just getting started with Whisky / Whiskey and have heard great things about Jameson. Just had some Maker's Mark and I was impressed by that. I can only imagine how good the high end stuff tastes..

I have to get ready for the Chicago Blackhawks tonight when they play the Saint Louis Blues. I went out and bought a fresh supply of Canada Dry Ginger Ale. So I have that and a fresh bag of ice and my bottle of Jameson Irish Whiskey. I need something to break up the tension of these games between the two hockey clubs. All of these games are on the edge. Neither club is ready to give up. It will be a dog fight to the end.
    Arsenal: Raw Hammer Orange/Black Hybrid 14lbs, Blue Hammer urethane 14lbs, Columbia 300 Lava Ball Plastic 14lbs, Highest scratch series 710 Bowling 38 years Never hit that 300 game. Highest game 276, had 11 strikes and one spare in the middle of that game.

Maker's on the rocks is a favorite drink of mine (Glenlivet, too for scotch). Jameson's a nice whiskey - I'll keep my eyes open for that Signature Reserve, but I guarantee it's not gonna be $40 around here :P

Hawks win! Hawks win! Hawks win! Another round of Jameson and ginger ale.

I do not discriminate - I like all good whiskeys.