Thread: Why did Fagan change his spot when throwing?

Chats: 1

Default Why did Fagan change his spot when throwing?

In this video Mike Fagan was bowling Norm Duke. Fagan normally plays around the middle left area of the lane, he wasn't bowling so well near the end, so 7th or 8th frame he began playing Norm Duke's line. Why is this? I'm pretty sure he had already lost by this point, so he couldn't have been trying to eat up Norm's oil? What was the point?

Please post a link to the video.

Chats: 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6E-dKrzvFo Woops, thought I posted it.

Chats: 39

My guess would be that he already got so far left (where he had to move the ball return aside in the 8th frame), that he decided to play a different line for the last 2 frames. Since he couldn't move any farther left, and the game was already over, he probably just decided to try and see what happens if he plays a similar line to Duke (or, he might have already planned that before hand i.e. "once the lane runs out on the left, I'll move back and play down and in on the right"). You'd probably have to ask him to be sure though .
    Company League Average: 198.1
    City League Average: 186.5
    WTBA Sport pattern League Average: 172.9
    Current Arsenal: Roto Grip Nomad Pearl, Wrecker, and Hyper Cell; Track 920A and 505A; Storm Tropical Breeze; Plastic Spare Ball

Since the game was already over, I think he was just having some fun and letting fans know that he can play outside if he needs to. Remember that Fagan was just starting out then and didn't have the reputation as a world class bowler that he has now.