One of the May Releases by Storm is the Wipe Out. The green and black solid cover stock wrapped around the Turbine core is a great combination. The core will allow the Wipe Out to get decent length while the solid cover stock will give the bowler a strong but readable reaction. The layout that I used for the Wipe Out is 80 X 4 ¾ X 40 or basically pin over the Ring finger with cg near the palm with no hole. My axis point is 5 5/8 over and ¾ up with a rev rate around 300. My ball speed is around 15mph and I am more up the back with less tilt.

I used the Wipe Out on numerous conditions and what I found is that the Wipe Out is readable at the breakpoint. The solid cover stock is strong enough but at the same time decent length. The comparison bowling ball that I used was the Lights Out. The Lights Out has a similar layout and is polished. On a house pattern the Wipe Out allowed me to be able to play closer to the dry and square up to the oil line. Usually, I have to stand left and get it to the right to see any consistent motion. The wipe Out gave me the best of both worlds tug and away!!! However, the Lights Out would over react to the dry and when I missed in or moved too far to the left I had no backend reaction. I also threw the Wipe Out on the Athens pattern and again it allowed me to play straighter but had recovery. The Wipe Out gave me some room especially when I missed right. While the Lights Out did give me more length and backend motion on the fresh but as soon as carry down started my ball reaction went away also. The Wipe Out just out preformed the Lights Out.

The Wipe Out eliminated most of my fears about the Hot Line series of bowling balls. The Wipe Out will be in my bag when I am bowling league or bowling tournaments!

Dan Schaden Jr
Storm/ Roto Grip Pro Shop Staff
Vise Grip Staff