Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Contest May 19, 2014 to May 25, 2014 - Roto Grip Asylum

Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainXeroid View Post
    I've never owned a Roto Grip ball, but I'd be willing to try one out if I win. Do they emit aromas of fruit salad like Storm balls do?
    See, I don't get that about Storm. Bowling's supposed to be this macho sport of hurling heavy balls down alleys to get through the heads, pick up energy in the backends, turn the corner, hit the pocket, splinter the pins, and get a strike. And Storm's making balls that smell like cake, strawberries, lemon pie and bubble gum? sugar and spice and everything nice? No wonder the PBA's going south! We've turned a grunting, manly game into a tea party. "Ssstick out your pinky when you bowl, fellasss."

C'mon! Make 'em smell like singed hair, armpits, scorched earth, sulfur, sweat, gunpowder and bad breath. Intimidating, raw, manly smells that knock down the 7 pin all by themselves when the balls whiff past. Make that ball smell like you wanna release it. A smell that will leave a skid mark on the lane. A smell that funks up your bowling bag and turns the stomachs of your bowling foes when that zipper comes open before a tournament. We've got the technology... why not a ball that emits a klaxon when rolling down the lane? Or emits sparks? I mean, listen to the names we give balls: Storm, Roto Grip, Asylum, Deranged, Motiv, Hammer, Spike, Hyper Cell. Names that smack of power and force. How dare we give such balls fragrances from Dior and Calvin Klein? I say to Storm: "Man up, Nancy!"

i just need a new ball as my local lane destroyed my motiv 2 cruel last night! a chunk almost as deep as my weight hole was take out! luckily it was the last night of the season but now im without a ball for next season

Chats: 204

Quote Originally Posted by rv driver View Post
    See, I don't get that about Storm. Bowling's supposed to be this macho sport of hurling heavy balls down alleys to get through the heads, pick up energy in the backends, turn the corner, hit the pocket, splinter the pins, and get a strike. And Storm's making balls that smell like cake, strawberries, lemon pie and bubble gum? sugar and spice and everything nice?
    Uh oh. You're about to incur the wrath of Iceman's friend Jason....who has a massive man crush on scented bowling balls. God speed.
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Brunswick Endeavor; (: .) Radical Outer Limits Pearl; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    USBC#: 8259-59071; USBC Sanctioned Average = 186; Lifetime Average = 171;
    Ball Speed: 14.4mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Aslan View Post
    Uh oh. You're about to incur the wrath of Iceman's friend Jason....who has a massive man crush on scented bowling balls. God speed.
    He can have all the scent he wants; let's just make it a scent that's congruent with the manly art of bowling.

Love Roto-Grip! Awesome ball!
    Proud Member of Bowlingboards.com.Average-166 High Series-613 High Game-256 In The Bag:Storm Lights Out, Storm Optimus, Columbia 300 White Dot.
    Clean Games:10 Tournament Bag: Ebonite Pivot Point, Storm Lights Out, Marvel S and Polar Ice, Hammer Spike.

Man, going in order of my wants!

1. Fusion
    2. Deadly Aim
    3. Asylum

0 for 2, hopefully this is the one!

Quote Originally Posted by fsbjcm View Post
    Man, going in order of my wants!

1. Fusion
    2. Deadly Aim
    3. Asylum

0 for 2, hopefully this is the one!
    Thats an interesting list since it has all 3 of my newest balls on it
    I traded a fusion that I got from the summer swing pro am for a asylum that I will pick up sometime this week
    USBC #9327-540
    In the Bag:
    Storm IQ Tour Fusion, Brunswick Mastermind Genisu, Roto Grip Asylum and Ebonite Maxim
    Final Book Averages for Fall:192 Current averages in Summer: PBA 182, Tuesday 202, Thursday 205

Banned
    Chats: 68

He can have all the scent he wants; let's just make it a scent that's congruent with the manly art of bowling.
    Would that be beer and pizza?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike White View Post
    Would that be beer and pizza?
    Pizza I am surprised they haven't done that yet. How bout a ball that smells like a big juicy ribeye that would be manly
    USBC #9327-540
    In the Bag:
    Storm IQ Tour Fusion, Brunswick Mastermind Genisu, Roto Grip Asylum and Ebonite Maxim
    Final Book Averages for Fall:192 Current averages in Summer: PBA 182, Tuesday 202, Thursday 205

I would pick Sean Rash

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast