Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: PBA Summer Swing

It was nice to see Bill bring the ball inside and come up with the victory. No one else could come up with anything to compete with Mr. Loft. And the time that Belmo came from last seed to win was entertaining but to me it started to get outplayed and boring - I was routing for everyone except the last seed just to see something different.

I guess I didn't realize or pay attention that he was manipulating the pattern. I used to kind of do the same thing in league play but I wasn't manipulating it against other people - I really wasn't intending to manipulate the oil just on fresh oil I would use a sanded ball for game 1 and I would get better reaction in the oil - once it started hooking too much I would switch to a polished ball. But this seems a little different - he was intentionally trying to gain an advantage by screwing up other people's shots.

Chats: 32

Quote Originally Posted by Mudpuppy View Post
    It was nice to see Bill bring the ball inside and come up with the victory. No one else could come up with anything to compete with Mr. Loft. And the time that Belmo came from last seed to win was entertaining but to me it started to get outplayed and boring - I was routing for everyone except the last seed just to see something different.

I guess I didn't realize or pay attention that he was manipulating the pattern. I used to kind of do the same thing in league play but I wasn't manipulating it against other people - I really wasn't intending to manipulate the oil just on fresh oil I would use a sanded ball for game 1 and I would get better reaction in the oil - once it started hooking too much I would switch to a polished ball. But this seems a little different - he was intentionally trying to gain an advantage by screwing up other people's shots.
    That was my issue with it if he had continued to throw that sanded ball that he was using in practice I wouldn't have had a problem with it but doing it just to manipulate the shot for yourself is bad sportsmanship in my opinion. I was glad someone beat him I don't know maybe Karma played a role.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Quote Originally Posted by Amyers View Post
    That was my issue with it if he had continued to throw that sanded ball that he was using in practice I wouldn't have had a problem with it but doing it just to manipulate the shot for yourself is bad sportsmanship in my opinion. I was glad someone beat him I don't know maybe Karma played a role.
    For sure. I used my dull sanded ball through at least 1 game. I wasn't trying to affect the lanes for other people I was just using the equipment that worked for me - yes it would soak up oil and eventually that allowed me to use my polished ball but I think it's a bit different than what he was doing. And I was doing it on a Friday night beer league not in the PBA, over.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234