Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Off to the USBC Open Championships I go!!

Good luck V. Jealous - I would love to do something like this. I just saw a speech by Charlie on Always Sunny in Philadelphia and he said something that rang a bell with me - I'd rather fail doing something I wanted to do then to fail at something I don't want to do. So with that in mind set the bar low and you will always achieve your goals, lol.

Chats: 256

Well, done bowling. Improvement to last year, but not where I wanted to be.

Team event shot 571, had horrible carry bit was clean with spares side from 2 splits.

Doubles event shot 610, couple boneheaded shots in 10th frames of game 1&2 cost me a minimum 20 pins each game. Both times opening.

Singles event started out good with 408 through 2 games and then I could just not hot my mark and it cost me big. Last game only 160.

1749 all events score which is 34 pins ahead of last year. Had a good time and should at minimum cash in team and doubles events. Happy with my spare shooting but not with my targeting. Time to work on that over the summer.

On our team squad Pba senior tour member Wayne Webb was bowling. Think he shot a 767. He shot really well. Actually sitting here in the stadium watching him bowl the doubles/single events now.

Also briefly met bowlingboards.com member ALazySavage. Always cool to put a face to a name. Tried to meet up for a drink but could not connect.
    High Sanctioned Scratch Game - 300(12) Hi Sanctioned Scratch Series - 822(3)
    2016/17 Book Average=221, 2017/18 Composite Average=223
    Equipment in the bag - Storm Crux Prime, Storm Physix, Roto Grip Idol, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused, Storm Sure Lock, Storm Drive, Roto Grip Winner Solid, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Fever Pitch, Roto Grip Red ball spare.

Rev Rate 400. Speed 18 at heads, 16.5-17 at pins. Axis tilt 10, Axis Rotation 55. PAP 5 5/8 x 5/8 up

Chats: 204

Quote Originally Posted by vdubtx View Post
    Also briefly met bowlingboards.com member ALazySavage. Always cool to put a face to a name. Tried to meet up for a drink but could not connect.
    Just think...someday, you'll post..."I also briefly met bowlingboards.com member "Aslan" and bought him a beer and got a picture with him and he signed a couple things for me. What a treat! It was hard to get to him with all the fans and adoring women throwing themselves at him...but I was lucky."

And I will add in that I spent 6 hours in the blistering cold sleet, pouring rain, tornado, hurricane (apocalyptic type weather) just to get a 3 second chance to talk to Aslan. I had lost my sharpee and Aslan is a god poster to have him sign so he imparted this brief but powerful wisdom on me - he said you know what I would do if I had a million dollars? 2 chicks at once. I tried to tell him he already had megamillions being the right handed second coming of Earl Anthony that alone saved the PBA and made it more popular than NFL football but he was already gone - like a whisper in the darkness. A true legend....................in his own mind.

Good work V. Sounds like you had a blast. Maybe someday I will spray can all over the USBC Open Championships and eat a chimichanga with a spoon.

Chats: 204

Quote Originally Posted by Mudpuppy View Post
    And I will add in that I spent 6 hours in the blistering cold sleet, pouring rain, tornado, hurricane (apocalyptic type weather) just to get a 3 second chance to talk to Aslan. I had lost my sharpee and Aslan is a god poster to have him sign so he imparted this brief but powerful wisdom on me - he said you know what I would do if I had a million dollars? 2 chicks at once. I tried to tell him he already had megamillions being the right handed second coming of Earl Anthony that alone saved the PBA and made it more popular than NFL football but he was already gone - like a whisper in the darkness. A true legend....................in his own mind.
    You need to stop dreaming about me at night. I realize you need to do SOMETHING to keep your mind occupied at night and avert having 3 more kids...but it's probably healthier to fantasize about a neighbor or waitress or soemthing. And I ain't doing appearances in sleet...I want weather conditions to be ideal when people meet me...otherwise it detracts from the experience. I met ZDawg and it was one of only 2-3 days in Southern California that it was pouring rain and humid. And I never forgave myself because ZDawg had to endure meeting me in bad conditions where the humidity almost certainly caused my hair to not be optimum.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12