Right Handed
Ball weight: 14
Rev Rate: 378
Ball Speed: 18.2
Axis Tilt: 6.67
Axis Rotation: 45*
PAP: 4 1/2 horizontal, 1 5/8 up
Layout: 55 x 5 x 45

I drilled this one as a ball down for my Byte. I’ve rolled a few tournaments where the Byte just becomes a bit strong and need another option. I decided that’s what the Punch Out would be.

The first use came on a late league 3rd game. I had been using a Defiant Soul and it was just rolling up too early. I pulled out the Punch Out and attempted to keep the same line. Oh but no… The Punch Out is significantly longer than my Soul. I had to work a couple of frames to get it right, and once I did, it was quite nice. It has exceptional length, but it really makes up for it with a sharp move on the back end. My Lights Out always seemed to be a bit early for where I wanted it in my arsenal, but the Punch Out seems to fall exactly where it should. With this layout, I can see this being a late league or late shift tournament ball. It may even work well on a THS with lower volumes, but the length that it achieves will be a problem on higher volumes.

I also tried it out during the practice session on PBA Regional Chameleon (43’), old wood. During the last half hour of the practice session, I really found a good look with this ball. The motion was quite similar to the Byte, which is what I wanted. My Byte has always been more successful on tournament patterns than a THS. The Punch Out really got down the lane and cornered as needed on the beat up 43’ and could have been a viable option during qualifying, but the lanes don’t open up in qualifying the way they do in practice.

From what I’m seeing, the Punch Out rolls very similar to the Uproar. It has exceptional length, but more than makes up for it with an angular breakpoint. With the success of the Uproar, I believe the Punch Out will be a must have for anyone who liked the reaction of the Uproar. I’ll be putting more games on this one to make sure I know where it needs to me in my arsenal.

This is a great all around ball that could help any bowler’s arsenal. Being a light bulb symmetric core give you so many options for your favorite layouts. I would suggest this piece for any serious bowler wanting something angular.