Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Amyers Scores

Chats: 32

Quote Originally Posted by Aslan View Post
    Remember how I remind you that I used to throw like you??

Case in point #3…I used to have BAD thumb issues. It turns out, when you really try to torque the ball on the release/upswing…your thumb swells up and gets stuck.

Unfortunately, before figuring that out, I had all by bowling ball thumbholes drilled wider to stop the thumb sticking, and now have thumb holes that are too big and I have to use a lot of tape to make the thumb hole more snug.
    Aslan I have bowled with this style for a long time and never had thumb problems before now and I have talked with my proshop guy who has watched me throw and says its a fit issue not a me thing its in the angle of the holes somewhere he just has to figure out what works for my hand. We changed a lot when we drilled up this new ball shorter span and went reverse on the thumb and fingers which is new to me. The reverse on the thumb had me coming out of the thumb hole way to early and made me grip the ball its better now that we have redone it but still not right I'm supposed to go over tomorrow for him to adjust it again.

Chats: 204

I guess they can do a lot to help thumb issues by changing pitch and what not. So hopefully it's an easy fix.

Quote Originally Posted by Aslan View Post
    I guess they can do a lot to help thumb issues by changing pitch and what not. So hopefully it's an easy fix.
    I hope so this will be attempt number 3

OK I'm off to see my proshop guy about redoing the thumb on my ball again. Wish me luck. I really need to get this fixed right.

Well we added another 1/8 forward and a little pitch to the right and lengthened the span a little. We also decided to hit the ball on the spinner with an old 2000 pad to dull it just a little. After the changes it felt good. The were having the PBA league tonight so I got to try it out on Viper it was awesome. I threw for about 10 minutes and it looked good enough I wanted to keep score since I have never bowled on a PBA pattern or sport pattern. I was only able to get 2 games in but 208-212 needless to say I was happy.

Really looking forward to leagues tonight. After what I did yesterday I can feel some good stuff coming on.

Friday night leagues I had been pumped up for this weeks league after making some changes to my drilling and surface i was really excited for tonight's bowling. Got off to a little slow start which is normal for me was open the first three frames got it together and threw 5 strikes in a row missed an easy single pin spare and then was clean through the rest of the game. 2nd game was in the pocket but not getting strikes shot spares okay. 3rd game strike ball was back but missed a couple of 7 pins. Shot 190-170-189.

Altogether I had hoped for a little higher score but I was happy I was in the pocket all night, my ball looks much better moving to the pocket, and although my thumb is still a mess it bothered me less than it has in months. All I can say is once the thumb heals up all the way people had better watch out.

Saturday practice

Well I have been working on the drilling/grip on my bowling ball and thought maybe I finally had it right first game doing pretty well 8th frame my hand sticks to the ball it doesn't release and I end up on my back on the lane with my ball still attached to my hand. I'm a pretty big guy and a fall like that isn't fun for me. Finished out the game with a 170 and was done.

Monday leagues.

I was nervous about my leagues today as my back was still bothering me from the fall i took on Saturday. I decided to bowl anyway. It took a few shots for me to trust the ball again but finally decided it was okay I think my thumb had swollen and caused it to stick.

I didn't bowl real well 149-165-138. Seemed like my area to get the pocket was very small tonight and when I did I left the 10 pin. I had been throwing a back up ball at the tens and converting them pretty well but I also decided that was what was causing some of my thumb problems so I went back to trying to get them conventionally didn't make a single one and I left at least 8 over the three games.

All together at least I was able to get my games in we are in first in this league so I would have liked to shot better but sometimes you just have to be happy with what you can get. I'm off bowling until Friday I hope to shoot better then.

Quote Originally Posted by Amyers View Post
    Saturday practice

Well I have been working on the drilling/grip on my bowling ball and thought maybe I finally had it right first game doing pretty well 8th frame my hand sticks to the ball it doesn't release and I end up on my back on the lane with my ball still attached to my hand. I'm a pretty big guy and a fall like that isn't fun for me. Finished out the game with a 170 and was done.
    Ouch!!

Quote Originally Posted by Amyers View Post
    Monday leagues.

I was nervous about my leagues today as my back was still bothering me from the fall i took on Saturday. I decided to bowl anyway. It took a few shots for me to trust the ball again but finally decided it was okay I think my thumb had swollen and caused it to stick.

I didn't bowl real well 149-165-138. Seemed like my area to get the pocket was very small tonight and when I did I left the 10 pin. I had been throwing a back up ball at the tens and converting them pretty well but I also decided that was what was causing some of my thumb problems so I went back to trying to get them conventionally didn't make a single one and I left at least 8 over the three games.

All together at least I was able to get my games in we are in first in this league so I would have liked to shot better but sometimes you just have to be happy with what you can get. I'm off bowling until Friday I hope to shoot better then.

My timing gets seriously off if my shoe just sticks a little. I can't imagine after a fall.

Better bowling Friday!
    Proud Member of BowlingBoards.com Bowling Forums
    14's Deadly Aim, First Blood, HyRoad Pearl, Tropical Breeze, Rising Star, Maxim Spare

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast